Sale K-Horn parts

Q-Man

I'm cleaning house.

Anyone want to buy K-Horn drivers, horns, tweeters or maybe complete tops and networks? I'm going to take pictures this weekend and get some stuff ready to put on ebay.

I know for sure I'm getting rid of one Type C walnut top with K55V, K-400, K-77, and AA network. On ebay I will part it out. Maybe someone here want's the whole thing.

When you say "complete tops" do you mean the wood too? My one khorn has a slightly jagged front edge from the previous owner putting heavy stuff on top then moving it around. Not terrible but on my list of things to fix up. However, I am more afraid of my wood working skills. Having a 2nd set of wood to mess with wile my current one is usable would be a huge bonus. I am interested in it, but not so much the electronic "guts". Please let me know.

Sorry for starting this and then not getting back with anyone. I had to leave town unexpectedly, and when I got back Monday I found out that my digital camera isn't working.

Bob,
I'll email you to see what you may want. I don't think that you would want the complete top section, would you?

rplace,
Yes I mean the complete wood tops. I'm now even thinking that I might sell the whole Klipschorn and build myself the bass-horns. I feel bad splitting them up, but all I use is the bass-horns. Before I decide what to do, I want to find out what you guys want.

jwcullison and J.4knee,
Shipping wouldn't be bad for just the top sections.

Erik,
When you were over I was using Altec 805-B horns and Altec 288-16K drivers. I also didn't have the network right. I may be selling them too. Since then I switched to Altec 290-16K drivers and Altec 311-90 horns, much nicer. I want to take a ride to your place sometime and listen to your set-up. I hope the LaScalas I sold you are doing well and didn't fall from the ceiling yet.

One walnut top, AA, K-55V, K-77V. wood top is in rough shape.

Maybe two Walnut tops in excellent shape. K-55M, K-77M, AK-2 network.

Maybe two Oak Black Laquer tops in excellent shape. K-55M, K-77M, AK-3 network.

Maybe

I am interested in the entire HF (upper section) with no drivers, horns, xover, etc. Just the wood parts. Please let me know if this is sufficient or if you want to exchange thoughts/ideas via email/pm. Guess I would be more interested in one in good condition.

If you don't want to part them out I might be willing to buy entire HF section and resell the inside parts.

Thanks a ton, Rich

I am interested in the entire HF (upper section) with no drivers, horns, xover, etc. Just the wood parts. Please let me know if this is sufficient or if you want to exchange thoughts/ideas via email/pm. Guess I would be more interested in one in good condition.

If you don't want to part them out I might be willing to buy entire HF section and resell the inside parts.

Thanks a ton, Rich

Hey, this is great. I want the inside stuff. I need the K55(v?), K400 and the K77. I don't think I need the XO unless it is a rebuild. Have to think about that one.

jc

Yes it does sound good.

One can have the empty "C" top, and one can have the drivers and 400 horn.

The top can be fixed. It's only the edge banding that needs to be replaced. You can do that or I can edge band it for you for a price. I could also turn it into a "B" style for you with a little work.

I don't want to split up the matching tops at this point.

How does $75.00 sound for the empty top as is?

K-55V $65.00

K-77V $65.00

K-400 $50.00

Network $50.00

Q-man, you obviously know a lot more about the ins and outs of a khorn then me. Type C is the khorn without the extra inch or so between the tops and bottoms. Type B are the ones that have the extra section. Is this correct?

If that is correct I have type Bs. All I really need to fix up is the top piece of wood that looks like home plate on a baseball field. Do you think I would be better off fixing/converting your entire c type HF section or fixing up your home plate and swapping it for mine? The rest of my khorn is in really nice shape. However I am not sure how the home plate wood is attached.

Thanks!

Your right. The type C top-hat sits flat on top of the bass horn. The B style has the raiser between the top-hat and the bass horn.

The top board of the top-hat (home plate) as you call it is just screwed in place from the inside. To fix the one that I'm selling I would have to unscrew it, bleed off the edge banding, apply new edge banding, and screw it back on. Unless yours is in real bad shape, why can't you just fix your home plate instead of buying mine. Take yours off and take your time repairing it. You can use the speaker without it.

Q.

I did see your PM. I have to apologize, I'm a little confused. I see your quotes for your single (non paired) drivers. Did you mean you have pairs of the "M" version or mud magnet drivers that are for sale? If so, I am interested. Basically, Whatever pairs of drivers you have or horns, I'm interested.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

jc

Unless yours is in real bad shape, why can't you just fix your home plate instead of buying mine. Take yours off and take your time repairing it. You can use the speaker without it.

That is cool it is just a screwdriver away from coming off. I really need to pull mine out from the wall and give them a look to get familiar with in inner workings.

I *THINK* I could salvage mine...but am very hesitant to try given my limited woodworking skills. I was hoping to use yours as a test project and if it turns out to work - great, if not then I still have mine in more then presentable condition, but not quite as I would like it. Other then a circular saw I have no way of cutting down plywood to the correct size/shape to make my own from scratch.

In the interest of saving shipping costs would you be willing to take apart and sell me just that top piece of the HF cabinet?

I may be willing to do that. Would you want me to replace the chipped edge banding?

I might be, if it is more work then I think it is. Some you use a contact type of cement and other have the glue on it that you melt with an iron don't they? If I am way off base here and you have the wood shop skills to do it right (or at least better then me[;)]) I would interested.

How difficult is it to match the finish considering that the new stuff will be unfinished and the old stuff still in place will have years of aging and oil on it? For that matter should I expect your top to not match the rest of my speaker?

Thanks, Rich

jc,

I have pairs of the M series mid. drivers and tweeters, I want to keep some as spares for my LaScalas, so I have to wait before I can tell you how many more that I'm willing to sell. I might have someone who may take the complete top hats. I'm asking about $1,000.00 a pair, and that includes the drivers, horns, and two part netwooks. If I can't work something out with him I'm going to put them on ebay.

I'll let you know what happens.