vibrapods, worth considering???

33klfan

Don't forget to put your house on spikes too...gotta couple it to the earth to prevent the house from shaking. While you're at it you should put the Earth on cosmic quantum spikes to keep it from rattling because the vibrations transferred from your house to the Earth might cause a dog to bark on the other side of the planet which would totally ruin your sonic experience. I actually had the chance to AB this against some of the cryo versions Dfly mentions and the difference was huge and I would never willfully go back....but alas I had to sell it all because my doctor decided to put me on some medication that I couldn't afford otherwise. I don't mind too much though because the meds make the music far more interesting anyway [;)]

It is recommended to put something under the vipropods like wax paper so that the oil or residue from the vipropod does not stain the wood. I read it from there website a long time ago.

I have black diamond racing cones and pucks under my cd player and I did hear a significant difference in the soundstage when I did this.

I have no experience with the vipropods.

I wish the salesman that sold the Vibrapods to me had said something or the instructions they came with had mentioned the problem with using them directly on wood surfaces. At the same time, it's not really a big deal. I must have some pretty solid floors, as neither Vibrapods, BDR cones, Clearaudio pucks or Daruma's have made the smallest bit of detectible sonic difference in any of my gear.

This is what their website says now -

"VIBRAPOD Isolators may leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. To protect these surfaces and your equipment please use BAR COASTERS or PLAYING CARDS between the VIBRAPOD Isolators and these surfaces. AOL Discs work well too."

hmmmmm....I wonder if you get a more focused image using the Jack of Clubs or Jack of Diamonds?

Regards,

Chris

And everyone loves virgin, unplayed tennis balls (if looks could kill...)![;)]

Sweet, Slazenger tennis balls. Don't see those often. When I started playing tennis, those Slazengers were white and you had to open the can with a key. I'll bet if they called then "Turntable Isolation Pods" they could get 10X the price of a tennis ball.

And everyone loves virgin, unplayed tennis balls (if looks could kill...)![;)]

Sweet, Slazenger tennis balls. Don't see those often. When I started playing tennis, those Slazengers were white and you had to open the can with a key. I'll bet if they called then "Turntable Isolation Pods" they could get 10X the price of a tennis ball.

I stopped playing tennis back in '79 when my girlfriend would continuously kick my *** every match! Those are '80 vintage NOS tennis balls, still unused for their intended application to this day (wonder if I could get a patent and make a killing introducing these "Turntable Isolation Pods" as audio accessories?).[^o)]

vibrapods are probably the best isolation tweaks out there when considering value for the dollar. I use them under my TT, my CD and my tube amps. I also combine them with "dead balls" and/or cones for those items that really seem to benefit from isloation (my 2A3 amp), I have also bought sorbothane for use under my TT but it costs a lot more than the vibrapods and did not seem all that much better at isolating from vibration. the vibrapods WILL mark wood, etc. over time so DO put some paper under them. regards, tony

Jim,

I use handballs glued (with silicone caulk) to rubber furniture cups under a stone slab for my turntable base. Works very well! I realized I needed to glue 'em in after the whole contraption rolled off the table when a big ape (me) buped it...

That's rich, Gregg...I'm surprised when my youngest brother used my NIC (new-in-can) tennis balls underneath our dad's SL-1700MK2 that the damn 'table didn't just roll out of the cadenza. Musta been a beeoch placing those balls one at a time under the 'table without rolling away on him, all the while holding that heavy Technics with one hand![:o]

Ive tried Vibrapods under some of my equipment and for the price they arent bad, but they can make the sound a little to dead in some systems, hey tend to warm things up a bit which can bbe a good or bad thing depending on your taste and your system. But I think vibration control can make a significant differance in sound quality. For the price its definitly worth a try.

Vibrapods, to me, make no difference at all.

What made a big difference were Mapleshade UlitimateTriplepoints. I have them under my pre and amps. The downside is the cost. $110 for 3. I needed 12.

I can't put them under my CD player, because the CD bottom is not flat. I'm working on a solution for that.

This would be my last upgrade. I would spend the money on IC, Cable and music first.

Danny

Try racquet balls instead, one per every 10 pounds:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

from venerable Stereophile magazine, recommended component:

Gingko Audio Cloud 11 isolation stand: $379 The Cloud 11 uses up to ten rubber-like balls strategically placed between two slabs of acrylic. Mikey's sample was configured for use with the VPI Scoutmaster turntable. MF: "Putting the Cloud under the Scoutmaster resulted in a dramatic lowering of the noise floor and an improvement in the 'blackness' of the background. Images stood out in clarified relief, bass tightened, transients sounded sharper and more natural. The differences were not at all subtle." (Vol.27 No.11)

I put a set of of vibrapods under my DVD player a few years ago. My sub is right next to the entertainment center where the DVD player sits, causing it to skip occasionally.

It has not missed a beat since.
Cheap fix for this.............
Take care
Mike