Four abused Lascalas need a good home - sold

Good work Neil, I'll always wonder how close those four came from being dumpster fodder. A lot of guys wouldn't have bothered to save them or properly refurbish them. Glad they ended up in your hands. I'd love to see the faces on those HS kids faces when you unleash the mighty LS on them? Any thoughts as to what the initial musical offering will be?

What finish do you have in mind?

M

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still considering what to play at the initial unveiling. I have no clue about any current music that the kids might know and like. It's got to be something that's well recorded and has dynamics and punch. A kick drum would be nice. Any suggestions?

The finish will be a lovely shade of semi-gloss black. Function over form.

WOuld you consider a lighter shade, since they will be hung on a wall and look pretty massvie and imposing already? There's virtually no chance of them becoming chipped or scratched. I'm thinking back to Lynryrd Skynrd's Peavy gear that was finished in all white vinyl. Not that you would vinyl wrap those puppies, but wouldn't white or a nice beige look less hideous hanging on the wall of their band room. Or perhaps school colors with lighter shade on outside, dark color inside big horn?

Just a thought. Maybe I'm just adding to your work load.

Michael

Neil, for the inaugural unveiling, maybe find out what tunes the kids have played recently, perhaps there's one that has been covered by ELP or other progressive band. Or get an original orchestral piece that they have been practicing (maybe Max, GaryMD or LarryC could help you with a great selection) to turn them on to.

It should be something they're familiar with, I want to hear that half of them peed their pants!

btw, got my HK730 hooked up in the office, it's also gonna power the whole house. 2 on volume about sends me into orbit over here! The filters and loudness CONTOUR are amazing circuits. Did you notice that there are 2 tape loops, 2 aux, and 2 PHONO inputs on this baby? Nice receiver....

Michael

WOuld you consider a lighter shade, since they will be hung on a wall and look pretty massvie and imposing already? There's virtually no chance of them becoming chipped or scratched. I'm thinking back to Lynryrd Skynrd's Peavy gear that was finished in all white vinyl. Not that you would vinyl wrap those puppies, but wouldn't white or a nice beige look less hideous hanging on the wall of their band room. Or perhaps school colors with lighter shade on outside, dark color inside big horn?

Just a thought. Maybe I'm just adding to your work load.

Michael

I suggested the school color thing or a color that would be less imposing than black.. The instructor wants black. And yes, color changes would add to the workload.

At 10:45 Pm I tightened the last screw and turned on the H/K 730. Magically, Dave Brubeck's piano was in our garage, as Take Five poured out of those black beauties. It's late, it's raining and I'm too tired to take and post photos. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Nice first tune there Neil. Hook up the FM when you get a chance, I've got a thread on 2ch about my HK730's tuner section.

Can't wait to see the photos. Did you take the week off to work on these or has business been slow? You really got em up to speed in a hurry. Meantime, I've misplaced three K77 diaphrams that Bob sent me arrrrggghhh..

M

Nice first tune there Neil. Hook up the FM when you get a chance, I've got a thread on 2ch about my HK730's tuner section.

Can't wait to see the photos. Did you take the week off to work on these or has business been slow? You really got em up to speed in a hurry. Meantime, I've misplaced three K77 diaphrams that Bob sent me arrrrggghhh..

M

Michael,

No business has not been slow. I've not had a chance to catch my breath. You'll be amazed at the transformation in a week. It's still raining here. I'll take picture when it stops raining and I can move them out into the daylight.

Unfortunately, it rained all day yesterday. I wasn't able to get good outside pictures of the La Scalas. I was so rushed today that I didnt have time to take pictures before I had to get them to the school.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Therefore, Ive posted the best after pictures that are available.

post-8936-13819276009756_thumb.jpg