Four abused Lascalas need a good home - sold

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick- how we looking on this deal? (sorry Travis, I cannot resist).

hey, I got to go to O-HI-O anyway because I've got Cleve's CF3's here in my living room. It's only a 550 mile round trip to go from Indy to Columbus, give Cleve his speakers, head down south to Ashland and pick up those abused LS's and head home through Cincinnati.

Any other Forum members along this route that want to come out and cheer me on???

Bill, do you want a couple of these? Want me to veneer em, glass em, or just sell em to you beat up?

Michael

Colter,

I know you are going to run out of room at your house to store all those speakers.

I would be willing to give some [:D]free[:D] storage just for you. Remember I have that big barn. You don't want those smoky things smelling up your house either do you.

I guess I need to get a second job to buy audio gear, the gas prices took all disposable income that I thought I might have.

Steve

Steve and guys. I told Rick that if someone else here wants them more than I do, to let them go. So Steve, they're your's for the asking. They would be perfect for the barns, they're pre-dusted and for your application, the non-K33 woofers would be a non-issue. Just say the word and they're yours.

Otherwise, I'm gonna keep em in the family by making the round trip posted above. Heck it's only 550 miles, that's a light day trip for a guy like me. We gotta get em off of Rick's hands. His Mum wants her garage back.

I don't know what finish I'll do them in yet. Either fix em up for band use/garage speakers in black fibreglass or do a nice veneer job and resell them for a few bucks more.

Michael

Did I just read that right.. 800 for 4 la scalas... 400 a pair??? 200 each??

You better run now unless he changes his mind..

They are beat up will need new drivers... so a great deal for someone with patience too.

Klipsch or BEC has the woofers.... same price 129 dollars.

SimplySpeakers.com Has the diaphrams.. 24 dollars each... Make sure you get the hardware too for them. (The metal horn and magnet.) look under klipsch k 77. (I ordered 3 for the missing ones I needed too from our trip to FL then swapped them out with the Cornwalls.

My info is that Rick prefers to sell all four together and needs them gone asap. I've offered to do just that. I can't afford to make the long drive for just two. I have to drive into Ohio anyway because I did Cleve a favor and picked up some CF3's in Indy. He's in NY state, so I'm helping him with the delivery drive. It just looked like a natural fit to not come home empty handed from the truck trip.

But I knew that CustomSteve had an immediate use for them in the horse barn, so wanted to give him an opening. After all , these are pre-dirtied and the horses don't care what kind of woofers are in them.

I'm just trying not to be greedy in buying up all the Heritage east of the Mississippi. After all, I'm mostly using them for project speakers for this winter, to refurbish, reveneer, and send home to another Klipsch lover. I was trying to be generous for anyone with an IMMEDIATE NEED for LaScalas. So please be kind and don't get in if your purpose would be the same as mine.

But they're Rick's so it's his call.

Peace, my brothers

Michael

Rick,

I would love to take these off your hands but I cant swing the funds right now.

From what I gather from the posts is you need someone to take these off your hands pretty quick, Right? If it were me, I would let whoever comes up with the cash, and the quickest way to get them out of you house have them. If Michael can come get them with in the next couple of weeks and he has cash in hand then he would get them. If someone can do better than that speak up now. But remember Michael is picking up all four not just two.

I know Micheal will take them and clean them up and offer them back to the forum next spring.

Steve

Steve, I'd like to get rid of the speakers soon, but it's no emergency or anything. Michael said he can get them in the next couple of weeks and that's fine with me. Besides, who wouldn't like to meet Michael? I've been reading his posts here for years, so it would be fun to have him over to hear my HT system. Both our systems have the same speakers.....four Cornwalls and a KLF-C7, so I'm sure he's got some good advice on proper setup.

Rick.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick,

What X-overs are in the La Scalas? Michael has agreed to sell a pair to the high school to use in their band room. I want to freshen the X-overs and throw a coat of paint on them before turning them over to the kids. If I know which X-over is in there I can get some new caps while I'm waiting to swap a '56 Khorn cabinet and cash with Michael for a pair of "abused La Scalas."

Rick, I'm heading your way this morning. Cleve can't do the trip to pick up his CF3's, so sounds like he's just going to have those shipped. That does save me swinging by Columbus though, so I'll just be coming directly down your way.

I'll do mapquest but will need fine tune directions, can ya flag me in? Check your email, I sent you mail with my cell phone on it. Probably leave Indy about 8 so maybe at your place around one???? Durn, even with Columbus out of the picture, they've still got me swinging around Dayton/Xenia/Portsmouth- looks like 5 hours one way- My back will be broken when I get home tonight (pu truck seats suck)

Packing blankets? we don't need no stinking packing blankets

Michael