A 15 year-old's 2-Channel Klipsch System

crazytubepower

Well I took some new shot, my rack is almost empty, I am waiting for my shanling stp-80 to arrive so that will fill up some space. I love my system, and I hope you will enjoy looking at it. Please bear with the shape of my room, as we moved not to long ago and my room is yet to be painted.

go here http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=63097

I would also like to add that everything in my system was bought by myself, with money I earned

I took a look at the pictures earlier, before the forums went down for a few.

Nice setup, are thoes RF-3s or RF-5s? Your parents must LOVE you.

Unfortunately I have to work my a** off while attending college to pay for my RF-7s and amp/premp setup. :(

WOw and I thought I was young for this forum at 26!! Quite a nice lil setup for 15, I didnt really have my first decent system till I was about 18 or 19 it was a used marantz cd67se/Jolida 102/Klipsch RF-3 and I absolutely loved that system, used it for many years. Glad to see that thier are some young people out there that actually know good sound and arent just listening to ipods and "cd quality" mp3's:)

BTW what amp are you using to drive the RF-3's? If you an solder well, definitly think of replacing the caps in the Xovers with some Sonicaps or Auricaps and replace the padding resistor with a nice Mills wirewound resitor. I did these upgrades on my old RF-3's and it definitly made a differance the sound was more transparent and the highs were much smoother.

Nice system CTP, and I thought you were leaving us. Good of you to stay so we can misinform you some more. BWWHAHAHAHAHHA.

Love the PF poster on the wall and the homage to JBL/Maxell avatar on that forum. Looks like you've got a nice mutual admiration society going there!

Michael

Unfortunately I have to work my a** off while attending college to pay for my RF-7s and amp/premp setup. :(

Not to be a buzzkill or anything but James does state several times that he purchased all of the equipment himself so he is working his a$$ off too....just sooner then college :)

Great looking system I bet it sounds awesome. How do you like the Teac digital amp compared to the rest of the equipment you have tried?

Laters,

Jeff

Not to be a buzzkill or anything but James does state several times that he purchased all of the equipment himself so he is working his a$$ off too....just sooner then college :)

Great looking system I bet it sounds awesome. How do you like the Teac digital amp compared to the rest of the equipment you have tried?

Laters,

Jeff

Yup and I think he should be very proud of that fact!!!!!!!!!

Great setup CTP, I know it will grow and change as you do! I had my first system shipped to me when I was 11 by my older brother who was stationed in Germany (1968). He sent me his used Grundig valve shortwave stereo which had 2 two way speakers (3/4 inch tweets & 10" woofs), the crazy thing had DIN plugs all over it so I went to a pawn shop and bought an old Dual turn table and had a shop custom build a DIN to fit my Grundig. I put a (probably from the proto runs) Sure V15 cartridge on it and the rest is history as they would say! So 37 years later and look were I am today[:D]

post-18681-13819273857936_thumb.jpg

Yes craig is right, I am very proud of buying everything myself. I have recently taken the easy way out and bought a shanling int amp. Got a killer deal on it w/ warranty so...hell if I don't like it ill just sell it, for a profit mind you, just such a good deal I couldn't turn it down, because I would always wonder if it would of sounded good. If I deside I do not like it I think I am going to go with a dynaco stereo 70 and merlin. I bet that will sound better, but it doesn't have a remote and I am lazy. The sad part is one of the big reasons i bought the shanling is that it had a remote, I know , I'm young no need to be lazy but....like I said I can make profit on it so what the hell.

James

CTP