?? Aside From X-Overs, Do Old Speakers TYPICALLY Need Rebuilding ??

Gilbert

When we were at Klipsch this summer, Mark K was telling us whey they

were getting rid of the K79 tweeter, eliminating it from the new

Heritage lines. He told us that the horn has the phase plug

molded into the horn casting creating quality control problems into the

reliability of the horn.

I would find or referb a K77 before going to a K79, Or look into the new Klipsch CW drivers and network.

JM

I am very sure that my 1965 Cornwall does not have the chrome horn in it. I would have noticed that right off when the back was off. Heck, it sounds so good now I don't want to mess with it. The fact is I think it sounds better now than when it was new.

My old crossover was labelled "2Q" if that means anything. Also the same designation was on the original receipt which I still have.

JJK

I don't think I would modify the 62 corns in anyway that was not 100% reversible. I don't see the point in owning 62 cornwalls and turning them into Cornwall II's.

If they were mine I would go to the trouble of finding new parts to rebuild all the original drivers. Then I would have Dean with the help of Al if need be make a custom set of crossovers to accomdate the 16 ohm driver. Those speakers are special why take that charm away from them.

Craig

I agree Craig, and I'm going to take Bob the original xovers (C-22) this weekend to play with. I just about flipped out when I saw he was only about 2 1/2 hours drive from me. Gonna make a excellent Bike ride up there, assuming weather is good of course. Man-O-man, I'm psyched out for this nice road trip.

But I'm also going to get the Tweets and diapragm's for the mids.

I may have to stop by in Eureka Springs on the return trip. The wife loves some of the hand made quilts we find in the shops over there. Nice Amish quilts too. I just love the Ozark Mountains. Gorgeous country up there. Man, I'm looking forward for Saturday, now the days at the office are gonna Draaaaaggg on by.

Well, I swapped out the tweets and gave a listen for about 4 or 5 hours. And though I think I noticed a difference with the tweeter install, it wasn't until I changed the Midrange driver's diaphragm that I solved the problem. Major improvement, distinctly noticeable improvement for the better. And it was noted in both speakers, not just 1. Which I thought was kinda odd.

I swapped out 1 diaphragm initially, and alternated my listening between speakers (while in mono mode). The difference was distinct. I beckoned the wife over to give a listen, same results, and she replied quickly and pointed to the speaker I hoped she would. Did them both, and now all is okay.......EXCEPT ONE THING LEFT...

BASS, after listening to the bass cranked out by that cornscala, I think my 45 year old alnico woofers are in need of a swap out.

Bob, please give me some info on that deeper dipping 15" woofers you have. If possible, provide a link for the manufacturer so I can read up. I failed to write the info down while there. But it's something I would like to do, if the woofer is compatible with the K33. If your worried about being castrated by the local anti-marketing and anti-advertising Nazi's, just email me. Thanks again for help.

Gilbert,

You got a "sneak peak" and a listen on those woofers. The only two in existance are here. I hope to have them in stock to sell in a month or so. They will be made exclusively for me by Eminence.

Bob Crites