Install DAY !!! Finally!

IndyKlipschFan

OK, here are a few pictures of the weekend.

I want to personally thank Trey Cannon, Steve Phillips, Michael Colter, and especially my family,.....

For putting up with me in this. It has been a labor of love at times and a major headache at other times.

2 years of planning and construction starting out last December.

I also want to thank a lot of you.....

The list could go on forever on this BB who were inspirations to me in your HT's too.

You know who you are with phone calls and PM's and emails I appreciate it too.

Ok enough babbling. These are just a few shots..

In time, I will have more professional ones taken and the room is not 100% done yet... will take time.

I have incredible great fantastically clear dynamic music and sounds.. OMG do I ever /.././

7 la scalas....

2 thx subs..with the Klipsch amp too..

And a Dream Karaoke system with 4 Cornwalls..( 2 for vocals 2 for stereo music.. )

Not to mention not pictured Klipsch pro audio Monitors too.

It is truly a Klipsch room the pictures here do not really give you the full effect I will let the guys tell you..

It is just awesome!!! So here we go.

It Started here...

post-5910-13819273849692_thumb.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to re size them is that better???

Obviously I still have the cloth (Skrim) to put over to hide the speakers later... but to be honest, it looks pretty cool as is. (And love to show off the speakers and how.. After all, were ALL VERY PROUD KLIPSCH owners! I might have to paint a plastic "Milk Crate" holder for the center channel of the HF section of the Split La Scala to fit in.. hahahahaah.

Let me know if the pics re sized are better?

• Moderators

Still can't see many of them...are just little white boxes with red x's.

Where there should be "Attachment:" and the name of the picture file, there's nothing listed, unlike the ones that are showing up.

So I guess it looks like this.... The room is 17' x 30' framed.. ( real use open area is 17' X 24' when speakers are in place.)

They are built into caveties which will have cloth to cover them. (Skrim ) Look at second pic again to see how this all looks towards the screen.

Above 28 inch TV 106" Screen Above 28" TV

La Scala/THX Sub HF Scala/ LF Scala THX Sub/ La Scala

side by side

(stage for Karaoke)

Projector 15' back

4 Theater Seats 16'

Left Surround Right surround

LS/ CW LS/CW

Left Back Right back

LS/CW LS/CW

(Opening to room)

Realistically the LS should be on the side walls someplace.. I like them behind me. (There is enough separation that the music / soundtracks fill the room that was never an issue.) I am also lucky the Cornwalls used in the Karaoke system lift the high ends of the La Scalas so you have them behind you and can hear them with the HT seats with great clearity too. The back wall is angled and not a straight line wise.. so this helps a lot.. making it NOT a straight box or square rectangle.. IMO it helps with sound transmission too.

The room is untreated so far, and already sounds incredible. I will let the other three chime in on their thoughts. (Good or bad it is ok..I can handle your observations.. ) The Lutron lights controlling four different things in any number of scenes (different combination levels..) really adds to the feeling as well. The blue rope light in the trey ceiling upper sides...at low level makes the illusion your looking up to the sky.

OK, that's all for now, I hope this some how makes sense.

My thanks to all of you on here for your well wishes and inspirartion. It turned out well above my expectations.

Roger AKA IndyKlipschFan