Install DAY !!! Finally!

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I did answer... Off Line.. Gary is sending me a copy thank you sooo much..

Not only has this been ranked as the sexiest- most recognised LP cover of all time, it was just amazing on so many levels... For the record cover... And the music inside. First off, the LP put Herb Albert on the top of the charts for months and months. He was a college favorite and one of the first to intigrate a lot of schools.Seems like people black, white, and obviously mexican heritage, people liked this music at the time.. And that, too, was interesting as well. The money earned from this one LP launched A & M records at the time into a huge success..(You probably guessed the A was Albert..)

Deloris was 3 months pregnant when they had this shoot for the cover. A very famous later, but new at the time model, in an age where cool, hot, steamy, music... Always seemed to have pretty models on the covers. Something on a tiny CD/DVD today I feel a lot of kids miss out on.

I have been watching the Baseball games rooting for the under dog Astros. Looks like the anti crosstown rival to my Cubs team the White Sox are also in it. In HD the 1080i screen on Fox Baseball looks incredible.. Hopefully, tonight, with no sports on I will have to try the movie U 571 too.

I will give you a report on that later as well. So far, it sounds incredible..

And Westcott/..//. You have to be going crazy with the Astros in the World Series!!!!!!

I was but a child when this LP came out.. Yes, were giving away our age.. I also think you can find it on CD too. One thing that is cool on your system is that the stereo separation is just awesome.. probably a 2-4 track, at most, recorder... So if it is panned right or left or center.. you really get a feel for it too. Add that in this kind of music too.. it goes back n forth all the time like a challenge dual.. Just enjoy it for what it is.. light, fun, sometimes great background party music..(So OK, for the over 35 crowd... LOL) if he is 40- 60 years oId, I guarantee he knows this LP.

And Westcott/..//. You have to be going crazy with the Astros in the World Series!!!!!!

I was going to take some pictures of my new HT but the game put a hold on that.

It was amazing to watch in HD and seemed appropriate for such a benchmark.

It only took video and the Astros 44 years to appear in HD!

Going through my LPs last night, it turns out I had FIVE copies of the Whipped Cream LP. At one point, my local thrift shop had about 20 copies sitting on the shelf. I also discovered I had only one true first pressing. Once "A Taste Of Honey" became a huge hit, they re-did the cover, highlighting that song in yellow as opposed to keeping it green along with the rest of the songs on the original version. That copy, along with another for Mr. Colter and a few other LPs that may look cool in an old style theater, is on its way to Indy.

We'll need some new pics once you get it mounted! Restoration Hardware, along with a few other places, sells LP frames for about $10. It's a very easy way to add some nice art to a music room's walls.

I got some LP frames at Michael's (with a name like that it's gotta be good) for $4.97 each this last week.

Got 6 to make a display. Been thinking about this for some time. Can do themes, like Roger Dean Art, Miles Davis, HOT covers (ala whipped cream, Ohio Players, etc), pick a color and get all the same for a monochrome look, Holiday theme for Christmas (who doesn't have the Chipmunks on vinyl?)

Oh, and Roger, I didn't mean that last post to mean the 'you were your fave topic', I meant it as in 'your head has been so full of this theatre lately'. I don't blame you for your excitement. Your's is the most awesome HT setup I've even seen, and I've travelled and seen a LOT.

Michael

Thank you Michael for the clarification.. Trust me I am still pinching myself it is all real too. I cleaned up a bit.. and it looks good.. Took out the laser pointer.. got most of them where I wanted sat back and was in la la land.. wow it does sound pretty good down there...

The guy at Comcast yesterday just drooled... last night.. said he had been working for Comcast for 5 years,,,and this was the best one he had ever been in. (sound and picture wise...) He said you would be surprised how many people have HD sets...and no HD signal to them, and they think they do.. it is amazing.. to see the game for instance.. I felt with the sound mixed just right.. the pitchers sweat out of his pours I could see close up... I was soo drawn into the game. I have no idea who to root for now. Probably the Astros.. they have to be the under dogs here..

Took out the laser pointer.. got most of

them where I wanted sat back and was in la la land.. wow it does sound

pretty good down there...

So the LS are toed-in to point to the center listenning position?

I was going to ask about that. The front La Scala's looked to be

squared-in with no toe-in at all in the picture. I was wondering

what kind of stereo imaging you were getting. They look to have

good spacing between them, so pointed towards you they must sound

awesome!

VERY NICE, Roger. Your pics came in handy in my attempt to convince my wife that I Really need a set of LaScalas that a friend is trying to sell! I showed her your pics and said "Look Honey, He has 7 of them in One Room!" [:D] Of course it Didn't work, but it was worth a try!

Yes toed in... They really didn't need it 100%. (use the rule if you cam see ALL THE WAY DOWN to the throat of the drivers.. Your in the sweetspot..) but just every little bit of a difference makes it even more perfect. unlike a K horn where your trapped to where it is going to go.. with split La Scalas or regular Scalas, too, for that matter... you can point em where they exactly need to go.

Tommy still go for it..they will dissapear some.. esp if you have a room for HT, basement too..
=====================================================================

I found some info on Delores... I had a few emails about her.. This was from an article in 2000.

Friday, July 21, 2000, 12:00 a.m. Pacific

35 years later, 'cream' girl still whips up the fantasies

by Sherry Grindeland Seattle Times Eastside bureau

Sultry, sexy and slathered with "whipped cream" in her famous album cover, Dolores Erickson still stirs up fantasies 35 years later.

Erickson, who now lives in Kelso, was the cover girl on Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream & Other Delights." The Recording Industry Association of America reported the album "went gold" a short time after its1965 release, selling more than 500,000 copies. The album was in the top 10 for 61 weeks and among the top 40 for 141 weeks.

The same cover was used for a compact-disc release.

For many males - young and old alike - the cover teetered between playful innocence and steamy risque. Many will remember it as a symbol of coming of age.

Colterphoto1 and Dr Who stopped by last

night. I will let them tell what they liked, or disliked.

Watched some concert videos, demoed some movies, then popped popcorn and took in the 5th Element..

Oh MY!!!!!! hehehehehe

Well I was thinking of starting a new thread...would you prefer the review here?