LaScala's arrived this evening: via my Tahoe!

BS Button

I just get to look at 'em in the back of the vehicle tonight. My wife won't help me lug 'em upstairs till tomorrow...maybe never.

Man, I can't wait to hear them or the new amp you have for the Corns, either. Is this a veneer job wanting to happen? Getting them to keep? I can't help but think that you'll get hooked on horn loaded bass.

Woo

Good score Todd! Please post some pix when you can and give detailed listening tests of CW vs LS. I find the sounds so different, but both good- that I still have both pairs residing in my living room side by side.

DrWho was over yesterday and we built a wiring harnes for my Niles speaker selector box. This one has six channels with volume controls, so you can take the efficiency difference out of the comparison and listen just for sound quality.

We had LS,LS/AA, CW, RB5, CF3, RB3II hooked up - awesome listening experience.

How about that veneer?

Michael

Really need some help and advice here. I've just hooked them up, with the Alnico 77's laying on Top, new diaphragms via Crites. Well, it didn't take but a couple of seconds, some horrible rattling going on in the bass section of one: what could it be? Voice coil? Immediate impression, sounds like "Cornwalls" on tubes. Hard to tell though, can't turn 'em up, without that awful rattle in one. How do I get to that woofer?, through the bottom?

BS-Help!

Todd. I just caught this thread. Man those look waaayyy better than the Black ones I had. So you are having some driver blues. Sorry to hear that. At least that problem is fixable. Takin the woofer out of a Scala can be a bear though. Let us know what's up!

Getting to the woofer: First see if the crossover sits on a

sealed panel. Hopefully it doesn't. Then lie it on its back

and see if there's an access panel there. If so, that's the way

in. If the panel is under the crossover, you need to uncrew the

leads to the crossover, then unscrew and remove the crossover, then

unscrew the mid-horn from the front of the speaker (easier if you

unhook the speaker wires from the the mid driver and unscrew the mid

driver first), then remove the access panel.