1956 Khorn w/o drivers $150

DizRotus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The free Zenith and JBL speakers have disappeared.

The '56 Khorn ($150), JVC JR-S301 and large operational Advents ($50 combined) and the various Advents in need of repair or drivers (free) are still available. Everything's availability is subject to Michael Colter's right of first refusal. If anyone expresses serious interest in any or all, I'll run it by Michael and let you know if you can have it.

Michael said, "I'm thinking I've got this corner behind my headboard since bed sits at 45 degree angle to walls. That Khorn bottom section would be a perfect little sub for my bedroom baby HT setup, and it would fit in room that wasn't even used!"

Now you're talkin'. That's one way to get a bed to vibrate.

On another note. Do you know what type X-overs the "four abused La Scalas" have? I'd like to get some new caps to freshen the X-overs before they get turned over the the high school.

Let me know when and where to meet for the swap. I take home the bar blasters and you take home plywood magic fingers.

Michael and the person who contacted me from Boston should know that others have expressed interest in the '56 Khorn cabinet. If you read this Boston, contact me. If Michael passes, you're next in line.

The most recent interested person is in Belgium. Even if the Belgium guy's local friend attempts to start a bidding war, I won't sell it to anyone before the Forum members who have expressed interest have an opportunity get it for $150.

While I'm not concerned about eventually recouping my $150 investment, I'd like to sell it quickly to finance the pro bono work I'm doing regarding two of the "four abused La Scalas" that Michael got from Thumpelstiltskin/Rick, and that are destined for a high school band room.

I know. I'm always suspicious of Belgians. They tend to waffle a lot.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The scam alert went off. Nevertheless, I think its legitimate. In any case, no need to worry. I wont even get it down from its perch on the pallet until local friend appears with $150, in unmarked bills, and his truck to haul it away.

I know better than to start accepting cashiers checks, money orders and the like and then being asked to make change. It aint gonna happen.

If anyone wants to laugh themselves silly for a half hour, call Neil here. Just got off the phone and maybe it's because I was slap happy from the drive, but very interesting converstaion. This is gonna be a great labor of love for the HS band kids- I'd love to see the look on their faces when those LS are installed and BLAST some music their way.

Horns sound better on Horns.....

Oh, and they all have badly aged AA's- the caps have corrosion and overspray on them!

For some reason I'm thinking about that Khorn thing again, regardless that I have no space or use for it, the itch to own the BIG BOY is returning...

Michael

Michael-

I like the new avatar.

Is the comment about second thoughts regarding the Khorn since our most recent telephone conversation? If so, please let me know ASAP.

The Belgian has provided several telephone numbers of local contacts. If you don't want the Khorn cabinet, I'll sell it to the Belgian as soon as the first local contact arrives with $150.00 and the means to remove it. If you want it, I'll bring it with me on 11/7.

The Belgian continues to clamor for the 56 Khorn. Apparently, he has local contacts that purchase juke boxes on his behalf and ship them to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Belgium. I think he bought the 1954 Klipsch/University/Stephens components that were recently for sale on eBay.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I spoke with one of his local contacts. Arrangements are being made to exchange $150 cash for the 56 cabinet next week. It would then go to Chicago (a juke box show is being held there) where it would join a container of juke boxes headed to Belgium.

Michael, only you can stop this fifty-year-old plywood folded horn from going to Belgium. Speak now or forever veneer your Cornwalls.

If he's that serious that he'd also buy the old wood horn, please sell the cabinet to him. Sounds even more eccentric than me. The guy who wants it the most should have it.

btw, you make it sound so appetizing 'fifty-year old plywood folded horn'.

go right ahead, really. I know guys you heard it here first, I'm actually turning down a delivered Klipsch speaker box. Must be mellowing after the long trip yesterday.

Jay, an associate of Trey's from Klipsch just picked up two of the beater LS. He took the mismatched tweets, so you'll be getting two matching alnico K77's and new diaphrams. Don't know if I can swing your woofer suggestion, although I realize what you're trying to do. I have no use for a spare 15" woofer. Have several EV's around here already. Maybe use it for a spare for the bands' electric bass rig?

Michael

If he's that serious that he'd also buy the old wood horn, please sell the cabinet to him. Sounds even more eccentric than me. The guy who wants it the most should have it.

btw, you make it sound so appetizing 'fifty-year old plywood folded horn'.

go right ahead, really. I know guys you heard it here first, I'm actually turning down a delivered Klipsch speaker box. Must be mellowing after the long trip yesterday.

Jay, an associate of Trey's from Klipsch just picked up two of the beater LS. He took the mismatched tweets, so you'll be getting two matching alnico K77's and new diaphrams. Don't know if I can swing your woofer suggestion, although I realize what you're trying to do. I have no use for a spare 15" woofer. Have several EV's around here already. Maybe use it for a spare for the bands' electric bass rig?

Michael

It's OK if you don't want an extra Gamma. Does one of two remaining have the K33 or are they both Gammas?

The purchaser of the OLD KLIPSCH KLIPSCHORN UNIVERSITY STEPHENS SPEAKERS does indeed appear to be the Eric from Belgium who is interested the '56 Khorn cabinet and juke boxes. The buyer's eBay name is "Jukeric" and he has 100% positive feedback from 148 transactions. If he was willing to pay $456.52 for the 1954 components and $150 for a 130# empty cabinet to be shipped to Belgium he certainly wants to complete this project more than you or I do.

Neil,

Jay from Klipsch was by here this afternoon. After talking to you and knowing that you were requesting the matching alnico K77's but wanted the one original K33, I sent him off with the unmatched tweeters but matching Gamma woofers.

So your pair will have one with Gamma and one K33. Hope I did both of you ok......

I think our Belgian ambassador is the correct owner for the 1956 Khorn cabinet. Glad that worked out the way it did.

Michael

Neil,

Jay from Klipsch was by here this afternoon. After talking to you and knowing that you were requesting the matching alnico K77's but wanted the one original K33, I sent him off with the unmatched tweeters but matching Gamma woofers.

So your pair will have one with Gamma and one K33. Hope I did both of you ok......

I think our Belgian ambassador is the correct owner for the 1956 Khorn cabinet. Glad that worked out the way it did.

Michael

I won't be complaining. Glad to get matching tweeters. I'll order a K33 from Bob Crites and sell the Gamma, unless you want it.

See you on the 7th in Fort Wayne. You pick a good meeting place where we can enjoy lunch before our return trips.