1956 Khorn w/o drivers $150

DizRotus

There was no last minute Belgian waffle. The '56 Khorn cabinet is off to Belgium via Chicago. The buyer also bought the '54 Khorn components that were recently on eBay. He'll put the two together and use it in conjunction with his vintage juke box collection. Seems like a worthy owner.

In the end I was too soft regarding "cash and carry." I actually delivered it to the local guy's house, approximately 3 miles from my warehouse. Unless I delivered it in my van, he would have to put his 5 year-old-daughter in the center seat of his pickup without a car seat (his wife was out of town and he was in charge of his two young daughters). There was no way I was going to be a party to such risky business. All we needed was for that 5 year-old to swallow an airbag and neither of us would have been spoken to by our wives again.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met up with DizRotus today in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, roughly halfway point. Beautiful truck stop shopping. I showed off the Shorthorn my Uncle Don gave me (see other thread), then he bought me lunch and we had a nice chat about our businesses, DJ/ PA work we had both done in the past, Forum stories, etc.

Went outside to make the swap. Unloaded the two rough LS for him, we double stacked them and took the traditional 'new purchase' photo. He had a laptop and neat 3.5mm ->1/4"->dual double alligator clips that was fantastic for testing speakers with PC or CD player. I've got to make up one of those! We plugged it in and even with the PC's mini-wattage amp, heard loud clear rendition of Dave Brubeck's Take Five echo over the McDonalds parking lot. Horns sound SOOOOO good on Horns.

Swapped out the portion of the 56khorn pile o junk, which was pretty neat looking. He GAVE me 5x Advent smalls with drivers and 4x Advent large in Walnut w/ no drivers. I'll be looking for some specs on them if anyone has a lead on it, let me know. I'd like to just put some inexpensive speakers in and give them away to friends for my cost in them. Pretty groovy looking old fashioned cabinets. Love the tan burlap grille cloth!

Had a great visit, then the traditional trip home with an overturned semi. Seems that every time I go on one of these adventures, it takes FOREVER to get home. But safe and sound now.

Later,

Michael