pack them and ship them..plus they (more than likely) need a crossover

upgrade..I'll offer you a grand for the pair..this is a lot less than

the price you threw out there..and if you can do better locally, by all

means do it..but that's about what it's worth to me for the hoops I

have to jump thru. Let me know..I can come down this Friday if you

accept the offer..

Thanx,

Steve

PS..I really only want one as a center..but I'll deal with that later if you want to accept my offer..

I know they are worth more than $1K so I'll decline the offer. I'm

going to rub them out and see how the tops turn out and then

re-evaluate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin,

You asked for "pricing feedback"..............

IMO,

$1995 is too high for those speakers. Especially for your forum

buddies. I'm thinking $1300 to $1500 would be a reasonable price for

Belles in that condition.

Good luck, Rick.

Thanks,

That is the kind of feedback I need! I really have not tracked any

Belle prices and there are literally none listed on any sale sites I

can find.

I remember seeing a pretty beat up pair on ebay a couple of times for 1000. I think they eventually did sell. That was the cheapest I remember on ebay. I did a lot of looking before I got mine. See post above from GaryMD. Ours were 1400 for the pair within driving distance. Not perfect, but better then yours, at least what I can tell from the pix.

Location obviously has a lot to do with it because shipping such a large thing can run you 200-300 if it is cost to cost.

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a fantastic looking pair at $1700. I though it was a great price for such a nice pair, but the shipping from K.C. made it close to 2K and I just decided to wait for a local pair to avoid any shipping problems. Others I considered were in nice shape in the 2000-2500 range. Yes you can get khorns for that, but in my experience for some reason the Belle commands the same or more then Khorns.

If you are just in it for the money and have some time I bet sanding and oiling them would be your best bet. Then sell them as singles because people want them for khorn home theaters as well as centers for larger 2 channel set ups.

Lucky for me I was able to split a pair. I know I would have probably spent 1K for a single in the same condition as my 1400 pair because it would have been over with. No reselling and shipping issues with the remaining one.

As is I think Thump's post of 1300-1500 is in the ball park.

Yes, I'd say toward the lower side of $1300-1500 as they are with those

tops. Someone buying them would probably want to refinish the tops.

Belles aren't beaters like La Scalas are. With excellent tops, more

like $1600-$2000.

Belles are a lot rarer than Klipschorns, and it's supply and demand.

For people who don't have the room for Klipschorns, but want something

that looks really good, they try to find Belles, and they don't come up

nearly as often as the other Klipsch Heritage simply because relatively

few were built.

Kevin

the offer was not meant as an insult, that I assure you. Just like I said though, if I had to spend 2 nights in a hotel, rent a car, buy boxing/packing material etc. to ship them, then pay for shipping..well, the cost would go up considerably. And, really I'm only looking for one as a center.

If by some chance someone still wants to split them, let me know what you will sell them for as singles..

Thanx

Steve

No offense taken...just not gonna sell them that cheaply!

I am going to get some very light sandpaper and some boiled linseed oil

and go to them this weekend. Pretty sure the tops will clean up nicely.

As for splitting them...I have mixed feelings. Probably bring more

money but they are a consecutively serial numbered pair and have been

together from day one. Bad karma in splitting them up maybe?

We shall see. I'll post the results after some finish work.

I have a little different take on Kevin's offer. $2K is not out of the ballpark for a set of Belles in what look to be excellent shape--I don't see any raised or broken veneer in the photos, nor do I see any tweaked corners. One of the nice features of an oiled walnut finish is that it can be cleaned up nicely. Yes, they are worth less than they would be if Kevin cleaned them up. And hopefully, Kevin will negotiate down a bit for his Forum buddies. After cleanup, I think he will get offers in the range that Paul cited. Just my opinion.

Best in horns,

triceratops

I'd say $1300-1400 would be perfect for both buyer and seller. Just picked up K-Horns locally for $1650. They are in solid birch, and the birch is pretty close to flawless. Side grills need to be re-constructed, but that's not all too complicated.

The Belles are rare and a very pretty speaker. Somebody make this guy a $1400 offer.

If I still had a car in Seattle, like i used to when my parents lived there, I'd be all over them for 1400.00! There'd be no other expenses involved!!

I too hope buyer and seller get a good deal, and everyone's happy!

And I would rather them go to a good home as a pair too really..seeing how i just want one!

Good luck Kevin!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of town since I bought the 1978 Belles from Kevin and I just got them hooked up to the Home Theatre. I have them both hooked up as the center channel on either side of my 65" HDTV replacing the RC-7 I used to have. They sound very good and obviously match my 1978 Khorns with ALK's better than the RC-7 did. I will probably get some ALK crossover for them pretty soon. Below is a link to a photo of the front of my HT. My Christmas break project will be working on the Belles to remove the water stains that are on the tops. Other than the water stains, these speakers are in great shape. When I'm done with the work on the tops I will send out some better photos.

78 Khorn

http://home.comcast.net/~tlferguson/HT.jpg

ah, got it Tim..Safari web browser didn't work, but I went over to Explorer and it worked fine. Nice looking setup! My Khorns are 21 feet apart also..I do have a single Belle coming to do the 3 channel thing..will post after I get all components set up! Will also add a long winded post about my findings too!

Glad you ended up with those Belles! Nice!

Regards,

Steve