Name that Tune - No Cheating Using Computer Word Searches

Jeff Matthews

Rules: No cheating. This can be fun unless cheaters destroy it. Give lyrics of about 10 words minimum to national classic rock artists (no local no-names). Winner gets to post his own lyrics. And the game plays on.... No cheaters (The answers are all over the net. The game gets destroyed too fast.) If you break down and cheat, don't post the answer and spoil the challenge.

The song only needs to be identified w/certainty (exactness is not critical; artist is not required). If the song is correctly named but the artist is not, the answer is still correct.

If the guess is correct, the person correctly guessing has within 10 minutes to post a new set of lyrics as a challenge.

Strategy: if you are not sure about a guess, check by searching the song or artist (just NOT the lyrcis). If you are correct, post your answer and a new challenge. If you know the band, check their song list. It's okay to get to the lyrics this way. Just do not search by lyrics. You get the idea!

Go to the last page of this thread to find the current challenge.

Also, if you post a new challenge after guessing correctly and the new challenge goes unsolved for more than 30 minutes, start dropping little hints to see if you can get some nibbles! If you come to a point where you feel nobody will ever get it, withdraw the challenge and post a new one with some new lyrics.

Here's the lyrics:

"Seventy-three men sailed her from the San Francisco Bay."

Name that Tune! (no cheating; if you break down and cheat, don't post the answer)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, but you forgot to present the next challenge. I'll do it.

Lyrics:

"I wandered lonely as a cloud,

Till I came upon this dirty street.

I've never seen a stranger crowd;

Slubberdegullions on squeaky feet,

Continually pacing,

With nonchalant embracing,

Each orifice disgracing

And one facing me moves to say 'hellay'."

Name that tune! (no cheating)

The colony of sliperman...Lamb Lies Down On Broadway...Genesis

Next:

Nothing like this Felt in her kiss Cannot resist her Fell for her charm Lost in her arms I keep a photograph

Okay. Let's modify the rules a little. This is killing me. How do you feel about dropping a hint say, every 30 minutes or so?

Current Challenge:

Nothing like this Felt in her kiss Cannot resist her Fell for her charm Lost in her arms I keep a photograph

Name that Tune!

Bring On The Nubiles , by The Stranglers ?

Okay, we have a guess. Either the person who posted the lyrics can answer "Correct or "incorrect," or any other person may do an internet search to confirm and advise as to whether the guess is correct or incorrect. Once a person uses the internet, he/she is disqualified from the current challenge only and may not provide an answer to the clue. If the guess is confimed as correct, the person correctly guessing has within 10 minutes to post a new set of lyrics as a challenge.

Strategy, if you are not sure about a guess, have a friend check without telling you anything but it is correct or incorrect. If incorrect, admit it. If correct, post your new challenge.

Nope... Ok Here is some more lyrics

You think you're smart I think you're art We agree on this It doesn't

work Feeling like dirt Feeling like you don't care We get a room And in

the gloom She lights a cigarette Clothes on the bed Love me she said I

give myself to her

This band has been around a while but has really only started to claim

fame in the USA in the last few years...especially this year

OK. The band is not played on the radio much, or, at all.

From California, has a large following of people at their live shows.

Lead singer/songwriter/guitar player grew up playing blues.....today, songs are blues based with a touch of reggae.

Hmm...trying to think of hints that won't give it away.

Their name includes the name of the singer & the band. Like: Bob Segar & the Silver Bullet Band; Neil Young & Crazy Horse; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

This is their ode to marijuana.....a crowd favorite.