Formerly URGENT! Michael Colter has found the way!

DizRotus

EDIT @ 3:51 pm. he's no longer lost.

If anyone knows how to contact Rick aka Thumpelstiltskin please call me at 248-765-2971or send an email or PM with Rick's phone number or address in South Point, Ohio.

Last I heard, Michael is driving around South Point, Ohio listening for the sound of Rick's Cornwalls. For reasons beyond simple explanation, he doesn't have the phone number or address. He's there to collect the four abused La Scalas.

If anyone knows how to contact Rick aka Thumpelstiltskin please call me at 248-765-2971 or send an email or PM with Rick's phone numer or address in Centerpoint, Ohio.

Last I heard, Michael is driving around Centerpoint, Ohio listening for the sound of Rick's Cornwalls. For reasons beyond simple explanation, he doesn't have the phone number or address. He's there to collect the four abused La Scalas.

Good grief!, how asinine. Have you got Colter's cell #?

BS

I've been in contact with Michael by his cell phone. Hopefully by now (2:30 EDT) he and his brother have enjoyed lunch in South Point, Ohio, have made contact with Rick and are enjoying a laugh while listening to Rick's Cornwalls.

If you know Rick's phone number or address please contact me.

With the aid of rapid and useful responses (including Rick's full name and address) from Bob Crites and Sputnik, and with the use of www.infospace.com, I was able to obtain Rick's phone number.

I just spoke with Ms. Thumpelstiltskin. When I asked her if Michael Colter had contacted them she said, "Is he the curly headed one? He's out in our driveway with my husband."

The "curly headed one" has found Thumpelstiltskin.

Thanks for the prompt replies and help. It kept Curly from returning to Indy empty handed.

Now that I have a chance, I'd like to say how nice it was to meet Michael and his brother today. Michael's knowledge of Klipsch speakers is amazing! He even took the time to get my Cornwalls properly positioned. We only moved them in a little bit, but it made a huge improvement. Thanks Mike!!

I really look forward to meeting the rest of you folks some day (most of you anyway), especially after the stories Michael told on some of you guys!! Maybe at the next Indy get together........

Later, Rick.

The Curly One has returned!

Friggin exhausted. Where to begin, well 'begin at the beginning and go until reaching the end then stop', said the White Rabbit, right?

Left this am with little bro in tow (the good one), having realized that Rick's phone # had fallen off my most recently called list so I no longer had it. Struck out anyway knowing how these things usually sort themselves out. We had arranged for today to be the day, Rick assured me that he was home most of the time, I knew the town, had mapquest, and 5 hours to figure it all out.

Perfect day for a drive through beautiful scenic Southern Ohio, last portion of the journey was along Ohio 52 which borders the Mighty Ohio River. Trees were in magnificent Autumn splendor and air was brisk but pleasant. Little Bro Steve entertained me with tales of fast cars and we spoke of our childhood for hours on end.

Thanks to Neil DisRotus for helping with a backup plan on phone number and address. Luckily Rick called me just as we were about 45 minutes from his place. Called him back and he talked us into his pleasant home within viewing distance of the river (and unfortuately the coal car locomotives)

We had a nice listening session with his near twin to my setup, Mighty CW's all around with a KLF-C7 at center. I was most impressed with his dualing SVS tube Subs and Mac power. (what was the model # on those!) Got to upgrade my low end system and Rick agreed that that was the weakness he saw in my system. We tweaked the toe in on his main CW's a bit and he told of his plans for his THIRD pair was to create a center CW for when he upgrades to projector system. He had a spare cabinet that he'd sold all the parts out of to Forum member Bhendrix. Quite NOT coincidentally, I mentioned that I'd recently split a set of CW parts with DamonPayne and would be looking for a blank cabinet. That worked out nicely. Enjoyed our brief listening session with David Bryne's DVD from an English Castle and CD of Chet Atkins/Mark Knofler, all of which sounded excellent on Rick's system. It was very familiar sound, I don't think theres a system around that mirrors mine in so many ways. Truly a Forum Brother. We met his charming wife and lovely daughter.

Checked out the Beat LS cabinets, housed at Mom's garage nearby. The cabinets are a little more beat that I had counted on . I knew that there were a few large holes from the hanging hardware, two in the top and one each on the sides of the bin. Those and some dings will be easy to repair. At first I thought that maybe these were the 'top entry' cabs because of a bunch of screws in the cab top. But they had the removeable bottom hatches and Rick assured me that the woofer access was through the base. So the extra screws up top must have been to assure that the cabinet wouldn't disassemble when hung above bar patron's heads. There is some black paint overspray on the K55 drivers, AA networks, and some in the horns themselves. Really grungy, but not much in the way of telltale bar smell, I'll check out the truck in the morning and report back on that one. Rick said that 3 K77's didnt' work, but we found some wiring disconnected. At any rate, he had purchased and provided me with three new diaphrams, so I'll repair any broken ones. I took his word for the condition of drivers, that all woofers and mids work. It's my understanding that they are Eminence woofers, not K33, but probably close enough for LS boxes.

I loaded them all up while Rick (back problems) and bro Steve (recent ACL surgery) looked on, commenting on my lifting capability LOL. Good thing I'm a BIG BOY. We went back to the house and collected the CW cabinet and goodbyes.

One disappointment was some of the cabinet's condition. There was some plywood delamination that didn't show in the photos. Just the outer layer, but fairly substantial in places. This will require cutting away the spoiled wood and performing a little plastic surgery before painting or fibreglassing. The majority of the boxes are very sound, but on some of the backs and bottom edges there is a few inches of moisture damage. All can be repaired, but I wanted to be totally up front about this for the next purchasor. But they're Klipsch LaScalas, they have been saved from the junk heap, they will be loud and proud once again.

A 45 minute delay on Hwy 35 getting out of town must have been bad becasue there was burned material and fuel/water all over the road as we finally made our way past. Overall miles this trip about 600 and took 12 hours this Saturday. I will probably sell both pairs of these LS, as they will not be suitable for me to reveneer. But one pair will go to Neil for the HS band room and I think Jay at Klipsch wants a pair to work on. Hopefully there will be a little to pay for my time and trip and everyone will be happy in the long run.

I'm always happy to get out for a road trip and meet a fellow Klispcher and save some Heritage!

That's what it's all about for me.

Michael

Yeah, Steve's catching the madness, I can see it in his eyes! Nothing like a truck load-o-Klipsch!

Took me TWO Diet Rock Stars to make it home, I'm just buzzing right now. yayayayyayayayayaya

Somebody get me a sedative so I can sleep now....

Indy, these are even uglier than your black Cornwalls!

Michael