How many does it take to get Colter to Thumpelstiltskin?

DizRotus

Thanks guys, I knew the Klipsch Emergency Speaker Recovery Team would spring into action! How much faith do I have in you guys that Iwould strike out on a 275 mile one-way journey with no phone number or address? Next time, I'm just going to drive for about four hours in any direction, roll down the windows, and sniff for Klipsch speakers....

I'm getting as good as Bob Crites!

btw, three of four K77's blown, but I've got new diaphrams and they're the Alnico variety.

All AA xovers work, although crusty, and all K55's work, but one K400 horn looks like it's got mold growing on the back side of it. Really funky.

The three cabs without K33's have BRAND NEW Eminence GAMMA's in them, not a spec of dust or spidey web. We're talking brand new! yyeeooowww. Guess we did okay.

Got em stacked up in the driveway now. With the addition of a new tweeter, they sound every bit as good as my mint LSI double stacks!

THANKS everybody!

Michael

rofl

will they still be around this weekend when I swing by? we so totally

need to do quad stacked lascalas! (yes, just one HF bin and 4 bass bins

per side....if we wire her up correctly we will keep the same impedance

and not have to worry about the slight crossover shift).

maybe your leaf blower friend will be outside and we can finally show

him how to properly move lots of air!

Time to bust out the macrotechs.

Thanks guys, I knew the Klipsch Emergency Speaker Recovery Team would spring into action! How much faith do I have in you guys that Iwould strike out on a 275 mile one-way journey with no phone number or address? Next time, I'm just going to drive for about four hours in any direction, roll down the windows, and sniff for Klipsch speakers....

I'm getting as good as Bob Crites!

btw, three of four K77's blown, but I've got new diaphrams and they're the Alnico variety.

All AA xovers work, although crusty, and all K55's work, but one K400 horn looks like it's got mold growing on the back side of it. Really funky.

The three cabs without K33's have BRAND NEW Eminence GAMMA's in them, not a spec of dust or spidey web. We're talking brand new! yyeeooowww. Guess we did okay.

Got em stacked up in the driveway now. With the addition of a new tweeter, they sound every bit as good as my mint LSI double stacks!

THANKS everybody!

Michael

You sure now how to make them sound appealing.

I see that Parts Express sells Eminence Gamma-15 300W drivers for $96.99. The specs look good. For all I know it's the functional equivalent of the K33 that was made by Eminence.

Would you consider sellng us the one with the K33 and one without a woofer (you keep the new Gamma) to the band? If we could get a credit for the new Eminence Gamma, we'd buy a new K33 for $129, and I'd feel better selling the genuine article to the school. I'd hate to have someone open one up in the future to replace a woofer and find something other than a Klipsch woofer.

If you haven't seen the '56 Khorn thread lately, check it out. The Belgian seems for real.

rofl

will they still be around this weekend when I swing by? we so totally need to do quad stacked lascalas! (yes, just one HF bin and 4 bass bins per side....if we wire her up correctly we will keep the same impedance and not have to worry about the slight crossover shift).

maybe your leaf blower friend will be outside and we can finally show him how to properly move lots of air!

Dr. Who,

Why don't you dudes just get a good recording of a leaf blower and put it on a never ending CD? Then stack 'em up and play all day.

rofl

will they still

be around this weekend when I swing by? we so totally need to do quad

stacked lascalas! (yes, just one HF bin and 4 bass bins per side....if

we wire her up correctly we will keep the same impedance and not have

to worry about the slight crossover shift).

maybe your leaf blower friend will be outside and we can finally show him how to properly move lots of air!

Dr. Who,

Why

don't you dudes just get a good recording of a leaf blower and put

it on a never ending CD? Then stack 'em up and play all

day.

Great idea! The next time the neighbor is blowing himself we'll just go

over with a portable recording rig and get a good few seconds of the

blowing in action...he'll probably stop, wondering what some

random ugly kid is doing with a mic, but alas all we need is a few

seconds. Drop in a wave editor and make it really really long (perhaps

do some overlapping so its not soooo reptitive).

[:D]