KlipschCorner.com : comments

damonrpayne

HI folks, I've run this by a super-secret Klipsch society already and gotten some feedback, now I'm opening it up to everyone who's interested.

I bought the domain KlipschCorner.com a while back. The idea was to be a Klipsch "fan" site, not officially endorsed by Klipsch of course, to organize and host some of the great content that has been created in this forum over the years, host an FAQ, put some of the gossip in a reader-friendly and syndicatable format. I would ask for submissions from, and get permission from, all of the knowledgeable people who have written up great how-tos over the years like "Vertical Cornwall cabinet", "Heresy RE-veneer", "Custom heritage center channel", the list goes on and on. I would also have of course a link list and web-ring for people who have web sites about their systems, and would also give ad-banner space to anyone who has an audio-related side business.

Based on feedback from other people, I have so far added a user "for sale" area for listings. I have quite a bit of this done already. Depending on work the rest of this year the room designer may be delayed, and the room mode calculator depends on the math but I already have the visualization tools.

Other features:

-m00n wrote a real time chat room I would host on this site

-drag 'n drop designer to allow you to draw your room for someone (think visio)

-a fun tool to "rank" systems based on a point system, I posted this a loooooong time ago and people got a kick out of it

-online room-mode calculator

-Amazon.com integration to allow people to recommend music/movies/dvd players etc, display the top X recommended items, etc. For example

"12 users recommend Batman Begins 2-disc collector's edition for October"

"7 user recommend Horace Silver 'A Song for my father' as their favorite Jazz CD "

"24 users recommend Promedia Ultra 5.1"

etc.

I would not seek to compete with this forum, so there would be no forum. Comments are welcome.

post-12530-13819274246864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No prob Dean.

I made a lot of progress on this last night. The hard part is not the programming, but getting things to look mostly the same in Firefox and IE. I've been doing web stuff for 10 years now and they still make it a pain to get a page to shake out in multiple browsers.

No prob Dean.

I made a lot of

progress on this last night. The hard part is not the

programming, but getting things to look mostly the same in Firefox and

IE. I've been doing web stuff for 10 years now and they still make it a pain to get a page to shake out in multiple browsers.

Crossbrowser formatting (or lack thereof) is probably the stupidest

thing the programming world has ever done. You can't even use all the

code in the HTML coding manuals in every browser, let alone expect them

to look the same!

End rant

Just curious, will you be going with a strictly html format or will you

be implementing some form of database? The reason I ask is because I

think it would be cool if people could upload the how-to's and

information on their own without having to send them to you to be

reformatted and then manually inserted into the site.

The most important thing to keeping a site active is to have a constant

flow of good content. So anything to facilitate the process would be of

most importance. So I guess I'm just asking what you have in mind for

the transfer of information to the website to be viewed by all and what

kind of user control were thinking of having? For example, it might be

nice to have a page with all the system's form the "home theatre pics"

thread organized with thumbnails so that you don't have to dig through

pages and pages of loading billions of pictures....and have an automated method of adding them to the site.

Btw, once you get the site up and running I propose everyone puts a

link to it in their signature....basically advertising for those new to

the forums.

• 8 years later...

The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) of 1999 is part of the the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C.) which prohibits cybersquatting related to distinctive trademarked names. While we may all think this is a great idea, Klipsch may take a different view as "Klipsch" is a registered trademark.

It would be interesting to know why Damon seemingly abandoned this project.

Just sayin'

It would be interesting to know why Damon seemingly abandoned this project.
All projects start with a great deal of enthusiasm... but to be honest, it's hard work to maintain a site, even a simple one.

Bruce

It's my understanding that if a trademark owner permits or overlooks infringements on its mark, it can lose the legal protections it sought when it registered the mark. That's why so many companies are agressive in defending trademarks against any infringements. I think eth2 is probably correct. Ya'll have a great weekend!!