Anyone have RP-3 or RP-5?

wuzzzer

I think many people liked the idea of a floorstander with a built in powered sub, until they heard them. Or so I've heard. Most do not like their sound much because the bass is supposed to be over-exaggerated and flabby. And, you lose a little efficiency because of the single-woofer only design. But then again, if properly setup, they probably sound great. Just do note, it is a Synergy sub in there, not a Reference sub. That is probably the main cause for grief.

My local ex-Klipsch dealer (they went to M&K, B&W, and Boston instead) still has a pair of RP-3's. They either wanted $1100 for the pair or $1100 each (the latter would be MUCH undesirable). If you were interested, I may be able to talk the guy down some (it's worked for me in the past). I heard them hooked up at the dealer's place and they didn't sound all that bad, but I wasn't seriously listening as I was on my way out with their other pair of Klipsch speakers... [;)]