Testing the waters:

Indyjeep

Im just testing the waters to see if anybody would be interested in a set of JBL HLS820s. A lil damaged on the bottom corners, but still in perfect audio shape. Still have about 4 years left with JBL Warranty. Replaced the tweet in both of them myself. when I first got them because they were bad tweets. They were displays, and got a great price on em. Im interested in upgrading to some Klipsch or Def. Techs. and seeing what I can possibly get out of them. Looking for pick-up only. I live in Indy, Indiana. If interested PM. and I will send pics.

Thanks,

Adam

You work for Magnolia? The actual store or one inside of Best Buy?

I'd look at the ML Clarity if I were in your situation. Great speaker although the off axis is terrible. (seriously, sit down then stand up and it's retarded how different it sounds.)

My advice would be to stay away from the def techs. With the exception of the 7000 and 7001, they use vifa's cheapest drivers and are incredibley brittle sounding to my ears. They are the only speaker i've ever heard that actually gives me a headache. Besides, bipolar seems too much like a glorified bose. I don't have a mouth in the back of my head making noise when i talk, why should my speaker. They do get incredible reviews from sound & vision as well as others, but also spend more on marketing than anyone but bose (funny how that works).

I owned Definitive Technology speakers for a very long time. I just sold my front and rear bipolar speakers on eBay. Why? Because I upgraded to Klipsch Reference series speakers. And when I say upgrade, I mean UPGRADE.

The Def Techs were the least realistic sounding speakers I ever owned. Absolutely no stereo imaging. Midrange sound was their only strong point. No highs and absolutely no mid-bass.

I couldn't even believe how many instruments and sounds I missed in CDs that I had owned for years.

I don't have any experience with the other brands you're considering, but if it comes down to a Klipsch vs. Def. Tech decision...Posted Image