RW 12 VS RSW 12

wstrickland1

The RW-12 is not the best comparison. Look at the Synergy Sub-12 and compare it to the RSW-12. The Synergy has more bang for the buck than the RW-12.

The RSW-12 is in another class. It has a better cabinet, bigger motor and better amp. Look at the difference in weight and ask yourself which cabinet will take the pounding from the low frequencies. The RSW's bass will only be slightly louder, but it will be tighter and more accurate, have more punch and less boom.

Bill

I"m not aware of any $400.00 retail subs that will do justice to a pair of KLF-30's. To stretch your budget you may look at DIY or some of the internet direct sub companies.

WHoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone. I was not very clear, I know I wasn't. I'm putting together a system for the wife(downstairs). It will evolve over time as everything does, but right now I have RB 35s for the mains, RS 7s for surrounds, a KV4 center and a ksw 150 (gag) sub that pops like hell for speakers and a Pioneer vsx 1015 receiver. I have a line on a RC7 and will be changing out the KV 4. Anyway, I don't need gutwrenching bass at all.....in fact, if the ksw 150 didn't pop like a popcorn popper it would be fine for the purpose. I wonder if I change out the woofer would the popping stop? Anyway, I can get a new RW 12 for a shade over $400 and wondered about it. I am being told the sub 12 is the better choice, which sounds curious to me but whatever, I have no idea so who am I to say. anyway, thats the deal and why I was asking.

happy new year

RW12 VS RSW12

RSW12 uses a better quality,more potent woofer,a PR in the place of the tube port.The RSW12 cabinet is much much more inert,braced in the middle(the amp fixed on the middle brace).

This translates into more deep bass output,less colored bass reproductioncleaner bass).The impact of the RSW12 is in another class above the RW12.

This said the RW12 performs great at its price point.And is a very good buy.

But...I have all three RSW's [:D][:D][:D] see the smileys,well they are here for IMPACT!

A great inexpensive option is the Klipsch Sub12,a killer sub in its price class.

$400

If $400 is your price range go with the Sub-12.

RW12 VS RSW12

RSW12 uses a better quality,more potent woofer,a PR in the place of the tube port.The RSW12 cabinet is much much more inert,braced in the middle(the amp fixed on the middle brace).

This translates into more deep bass output,less colored bass reproductioncleaner bass).The impact of the RSW12 is in another class above the RW12.

This said the RW12 performs great at its price point.And is a very good buy.

But...I have all three RSW's see the smileys,well they are here for IMPACT!

A great inexpensive option is the Klipsch Sub12,a killer sub in its price class.

Christmas is coming soon, and I was also wondering how much louder is the RSW-12, compared to my RW-12 subwoofer?

Louder,how much ...not much.Maximum loudness is not quality,you want more output,a good deal more the RSW12 is not the answer.If you want more quality then YES the RSW12 will satisfy.

You want more output and quality then the RSW15 cuts it,or the new Klipsch THX subs(seriously more output,at ANY frequency).

In other news...

LOUDNESS LOUDNESS...so what,loud junk is worthless.I rather have two 15W PC Tenor OTL monoblocks than a 2KW per channel QSC junk a ton,blast a ton piece of scrap. [:D]