I had fun last night

JeffDurbin

Well maybe not as much fun as those of you who were posting pictures of the lovely young ladies during the last few days but still...

I stopped by a high-end retailer last night to listen to the Rotel-1075 and ended up playing with lots of toys there. He had a 61" Pioneer Elite plasma that looked fantastic (but at 4 times the price of my 61" DLP it better look awesome). He had the complete line of Classe (as well as all the Rotels) plus Meridian.

In speakers, he had B&W, Definitive and Maggies but no Klipsch. This was the first time I got to hear Maggies and they sounded good but I was not awe-inspired. He played some background music that really didn't challenge the speakers at all and I knew if I were going to hear their limitations at the low end he would have to really change his source material.

BUT, I got there 45 minutes before closing time and my only real mission was to see how much dealing he could do on the Rotel-1075 (not much at all). Nonetheless, it was good to see insanely priced equipment and know that even if I end up spending what it looks like I will spend I will still be 'reasonable'. He has the same last name as a guy I used to work with. I should see if they are related. I might be able to shave a bit more off the price.

I fly home every weekend and I think Southwest's baggage handling is probably worse than UPS's. I would have grabbed the Rotel-1075 if he was willing to deal a bit but since he wasn't I will be more inclined to get it at the place 10 minutes from my home.

It's funny to see a nondescript hole-in-the-wall, located next to a Godfather's Pizza, with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. They must have seriously beefed up the electrical going into that strip mall.

that place wouldnt be Custom Electronics in Nebraska would it?

They are right next to Godfathers as well.

At one time they did carry Klipsch.

They do have a nice set-up

LOL. Yes, that's it. I wasn't thinking about Godfather's at the time but that may be why he didn't push the Maggies. The room shared a wall with the restaurant and it was a few minutes before 6pm.

I was trying to figure out why the owner would be so willing to relocate to that location when a previous audio retailer closed shop but they have spent a ton on leasehold improvements for all the listening rooms. That pretty much guarantees that it will remain an audio retailer for a while. It's nice to see that Nebraska Furniture Mart has not gone upscale and driven them out of business.