* A N I M U S I C - 2 - * ...just released today !!!

Born2RockU

It will be awesome on my system. Someday soon I will post some picks of my home theater. Seeing that on a 110in. screen will be spectacular. That animation looked like it was a lot of fun to make. This is one of the reasons why I scan the forum daily. There has been some fantastik new stuff to listen to by others mentioning artist's or this new dvd you brought to our attention. Someone else wrote about a musician called Aryoen that I looked into, bought some cd's, loved them, and bought the rest that available by him. I love this forum.

Jeff

It will be awesome on my system. Someday soon

I will post some picks of my home theater. Seeing that on a 110in.

screen will be spectacular. That animation looked like it was a lot of

fun to make. This is one of the reasons why I scan the forum daily.

There has been some fantastik new stuff to listen to by others

mentioning artist's or this new dvd you brought to our attention.

Someone else wrote about a musician called Aryoen that I looked into,

bought some cd's, loved them, and bought the rest that available by

him. I love this forum.

well let me add another to the list:

Roxy Music

(whatever dvd that was of them playing recently at some live reunion tour or something) [;)]

Both Roxy and Animusic are going to be on my xmas list this season...hopefully I'll get all 3!

Nor is all lost for the classical-music oriented: "Aqua Harp" on Animusic 1 is a beautiful, slow, hypnotic video which has already been picked up by the classical-video ARTS (Classic Arts Showcase) cable network, FYI for the few who have access to it. It includes bowed music as ethereal string-instrument bows play virtual strings in the animation. Very clever!!

"Cathedral Pictures" on Animusic 2 also looks very interesting tho' the clip timed out on me. It seems to center on a gigantic pipe organ, and says that "After many requests for an animation of a piece of known classical music, we produced excerpts from 3 movements of Mussorgskys "Pictures at an Exhibition". Played on a light-beam emitting pipe organ with drums, rock bass, many other instruments, and some pyrotechnics thrown in at the end!"

Larry

If you want to save a couple of bucks on your purchase, send me a PM or e-mail and I'll provide you the coupon code.

JJ

JJ, I pm'd you. Thanks

JJ, got your email - thanks.

Can't place an order right now because they closed their online store. It was closed since last night. [:(]

Placed my order a few minutes ago. Got the discount. Thanks again JJ.

Nor is all lost for the classical-music oriented:

"Aqua Harp" on Animusic 1 is a beautiful, slow, hypnotic video which

has already been picked up by the classical-video ARTS (Classic Arts

Showcase) cable network, FYI for the few who have access to

it. It includes bowed music as ethereal string-instrument bows

play virtual strings in the animation. Very

clever!!

After watching Animusic 2, I went back and dug out my Animusic 1 DVD,

which, as you know, includes the Aqua Harp segment. Yes, indeed,

it is a slow, melodic, and admittedly, a beautiful piece. The

"harp" is a five-peice "instrument", including the harp itself, chimes

on the bottom of the harp, flute/whistles above the harp, a violin and

viola (the bowed part) on each side. If we get a chance to meet

again, I'll have to remember to bring this DVD up for you.

"Cathedral Pictures" on Animusic 2 also looks

very interesting tho' the clip timed out on me. It

seems to center on a gigantic pipe organ, and says

that "After many requests for an animation of a piece of known

classical music, we produced excerpts from 3 movements of Mussorgskys

"Pictures at an Exhibition". Played on a light-beam emitting pipe organ

with drums, rock bass, many other instruments, and some pyrotechnics

thrown in at the end!"

Larry

"Chathedral Pictures" on Animusic 2 is truly amazing! Big, epic,

and a lot of detail. Again, if we get a chance to meet again,

I'll have to bring this up as well. Also, along the lines of the

Aqua Harp, Animusic 2 includes a segment called Resonent Chamber, which

is also a more straight-forward acoustic piece. It is not quite

as slow as the Aqua Harp, though. Also, I would not be surprised

in a future release of Animusic, you'll see more classical type peices

being done. It seems quite a few people enjoy this. I was

also watching it with the "Directors Commentaries" feature

enabled. One of the things mentioned is that there could be a

possible "forking" in which they make a DVD entirely of

rock/electronic/techno type pieces ala. the "Future-Retro" from #1 or

"Heavy Lights" from #2, as well as a DVD entirely of acoustic/classical

type peices ala the "Aqua Harp" from #1, thus enabling people to really

get what they want.

After watching Animusic 2, I went back and dug out my Animusic 1 DVD, which, as you know, includes the Aqua Harp segment. Yes, indeed, it is a slow, melodic, and admittedly, a beautiful piece. The "harp" is a five-peice "instrument", including the harp itself, chimes on the bottom of the harp, flute/whistles above the harp, a violin and viola (the bowed part) on each side. If we get a chance to meet again, I'll have to remember to bring this DVD up for you.

"Chathedral Pictures" on Animusic 2 is truly amazing! Big, epic, and a lot of detail. Again, if we get a chance to meet again, I'll have to bring this up as well. Also, along the lines of the Aqua Harp, Animusic 2 includes a segment called Resonent Chamber, which is also a more straight-forward acoustic piece. It is not quite as slow as the Aqua Harp, though. Also, I would not be surprised in a future release of Animusic, you'll see more classical type peices being done. It seems quite a few people enjoy this. I was also watching it with the "Directors Commentaries" feature enabled. One of the things mentioned is that there could be a possible "forking" in which they make a DVD entirely of rock/electronic/techno type pieces ala. the "Future-Retro" from #1 or "Heavy Lights" from #2, as well as a DVD entirely of acoustic/classical type peices ala the "Aqua Harp" from #1, thus enabling people to really get what they want.

I'm delighted that you went back and listened/watched so attentively. I only saw Aqua Harp one time on ARTS, it was a little hard to remember everything. If we get that opportunity, it would be worthwhile for me to get a DVD player for the TV. I've occasionally considered having a forum get-together, BTW. Thanks!

If you want to save a couple of bucks on your purchase, send me a PM or e-mail and I'll provide you the coupon code.

JJ

JJ, I pm'd you. Thanks

JJ, got your email - thanks.

Can't place an order right now because they closed their online store. It was closed since last night. [:(]

Placed my order a few minutes ago. Got the discount. Thanks again JJ.

You are very welcome, ARPRINCE

I'm still not sure if it is a one time deal. I haven't heard from anyone else that requested the couipon code.

JJ

Repost from General Questions: I should have wrote this here instead.... (sorry)

My Animusic 2 arrived yesterday. Too bad I didn't know about the nice discount now being offered. Oh well. I had chosen the free US Mail shipping and it got here fast.

I watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I'm glad I didn't buy both DVDs (1&2) because there are 8 selections on #2, which is plenty and I noticed the DVD does have a sort of fatigue-factor to it. Perhaps, some of you made the same observation....or not?

You're sitting there enjoying it and after a while it sort of dawns on you while you are viewing one of the less-facinating songs that you are just watching a "cartoon" with MIDI music (not really, but that's how it began to feel). I got the sudden urge to watch a "real" concert video with real people.

Please believe me: I'm not trying to be the bad guy here and I'm not knocking Animusic. I believe that it's a extremely clever, fantasic acheivement. It simple appears to have it's own limit. I could sit throught the whole DVD a couple of times because I love both the music and the teriffic animation. But, I don't see many of my friends sitting through the entire DVD even once. I think they would be thrilled with seeing one or two songs, and then it's just "old hat". Maybe I'm way off base here?

Bottom line: I'm glad I bought Animusic 2 and I will enjoy watching it for many years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

this gave me a headache!! Its really cool, tracks 3 and 5 are amazing but sheesh I got to watch everything and listen and ah. no sitting and enjoying, the crazy part is with infinate realities this madness is actually happening somewhere somewhen

took two weeks to get it so if your planning on ordering for christmas you better get your order in