We have lost a good friend. Lynnm

BEC

Lynn Marshall's wife Rosanne let me know today that Lynn lost his short battle with cancer last Sunday. Many of you may remember that he shared this news of his illness with us in a post in the "General Questions" section of the forum on 10-11-2005.

Lynnm said: "I haven't been feeling well for quite a while.

Today, my doctor came to the house and informed me that I have cancer and that the results of the CT scan I had on Thursday indicate that it has metastacised from my pancreas to my liver and one lung.

I'll be knocking around here for a while but if my posts drop off understand it will be because of health issues and not because of any animosity.

In the meantime I intend to enjoy life to its fullest extent."

I never met Lynn in person, but feel I knew him just through his posts on this forum. I will miss his posts and the wisdom they contained. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Rosanne and his family.

Bob Crites

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horrible news. My father had Pancreatic Cancer as well, which had also spread. Like Lynnm, he was gone in a short while. The only positive, if there can be one, is that it's a cancer that does not prolong suffering.

I also never met Lynnm but did share quite a few exchanges with him both here and via email. His sense of humor stood out as a great attribute, one that I remember from his time here. I surely wont forget his great signature line:

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight

Hope his family is handling well. He seemed like a genuine person and will surely be missed.

lynnm2.jpg

Lynnm was quite the master of understatement. When he announced his

cancer to the forum, he titled the thread "I got really bad news

today!" I had expected to read a post about UPS damaging a shipment, or

something like that.

Then, after summarizing his financial condition, he said,

"Taken all around things could be a lot worse." He was definitely not a guy into self-pity.

I also didn't personally know Lynnm but I did like reading his post.

My Father, Two Uncles and a Cousin all died from Lung Cancer so I've seen first hand how terrible some cancers can be. My view of Death has changed since then and I now see the mercy which Death brings to those suffering from such an illness. I see things as Lynnm said and Intend to enjoy Life to its fullest with my true friends and family!

May GOD give Peace and Comfort to his Loved Ones!!!

mike[ip]

A tear, a toast and a fond farewell to one of the core denizens of the forum. You'll be missed, Lynn, not only for your technical expertise, but your general good and friendly nature. Even though I never met you, I'm proud to be able to say I knew you. I always loved your tagline, especially once I learned it's origins.

Godspeed.