FTP Problems

DiGNAN17

I don't know if this is the place to post this or not, but I can't figure it out:

Here's the situation:

I'm going to college and I'm trying to connect to a computer set up with an FTP server. The other guy lives on campus and I'm off campus. He just recently set up the FTP server, so the kinks aren't all worked out yet.

I seem to connect okay. It looks like communication between the 2 computers is going well, and it appears that the problem occurs during the item listing.

I'm using WS_FTP, but the problem occurred with other FTP programs. Here's what I'm seeing toward the end of the log:

200 PORT Command successful.

LIST

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

! Timer cancelled blocking call

! Accept error: Blocking call cancelled

! Retrieve of folder listing failed (0)

That's about it. All my settings appear to be correct, and I have the correct port number. Everything connects really fast, then hangs at that point for almost a minute before I get those errors.

Any ideas?

------------------

FURIOS Df>c> icon100.gif

I don't know if this will work for ISPs, but here on campus, I can just use my login name for email and the domain name:

Example: paragon.domain.edu

you might be able to do something like:

Ex: dignan17.home.com

or whatever your ISP is instead of your IP address. Call you ISP up - They might know how do do it.