Well finally Klipsch was De-throned in my system!

thirdeye

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RF35's, but yes my friend has upgraded 3's and they were more punchy in

the bass. the cornwalls are probably more warm or organic,

but not as dynamic sounding. In my opinion I had to run my Corn's

angled in the corner just like K-horns to get the full sound and bass,

but loss of Soundstage was of course a problem doing that and they are

simply just Short height wise.... So having 3 series out in the room a couple feet

gave More of a high-end sound with depth and 3d with voice and things

that were at a loss with the cornwalls. But I am sure in certain

configurations some of this could be corrected. Sorry but the 3's set

up correctly are a great speaker used for a few hundred.

Here's a quote about the speaker wires for the Zu speakers:

Right out of the bag, Wax loudspeaker cables should sound better than the one it is replacing and it will get much better with play. For the first 24 hours the Wax will be a bit dry and lifeless compared to its eventual performance. Resolution and temporal accuracy will dynamically improve during the next 100 hours. After that forget about the burn-in, they will be sounding very good and additional gains should be welcomed not fussed over. Full burn-in is about 250 hours.

So, I take it they tell you the 250 hours is the full burn-in time so you are past when you can return them and when you realize these $540 cables sound no different than any other speaker wire?

]

So, I take it they tell you the 250

hours is the full burn-in time so you are past when you can return them

and when you realize these $540 cables sound no different than any

other speaker wire?

snicker ......[:)]

wuzzzer, I hear ya!!! but I got em' for free so guess what!?! I aint taken a chance buddy ;)

Congratulations for finding a sound that pleases you thirdeye. I have heard many such designs and I have heard rave reviews such as yours - I trust that you have found the sound you prefer. It is simply not for me - in all cases it just sounds a bit too shallow in the upper and lower freqs for my taste. But what the hey - I have very trusted friends that swear by Bose - go figure.

The 'new' design you mention has been around for quite some time. Check out Pi Speakers for a similar homemade solution. The speakers must have some sort of filter to manage to the supertweeter - most likely a zobel (a great easy to do upper end filter solution) is in place. Other wise there would be a tremendous hump at the frequency where the woofs end and the tweets start.