travisc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

travisc,

adaptors came today, thanks! Drilled 2 holes into adapters and everything is changed over, much better! Have'nt changed anything else, though going to try the port relocation to the bottom of the back panel (using 3/4 plywood), and plugging original, the hope is to get more of the bass lower to the ground as original, though the cabinets are 12" off the ground. Was thinking of prototyping a stand to hold up cabinets that would be "L" shaped that would mate up to the back port, and redirect the pressure to the front, though not sure how tuning this will be, but may give it a try.

Thanks again!

• 4 years later...

Someone on this thread was asking about if an SAH and SA-HF had the same frequency response. I cant find the specific post.

I finally had a chance to A/B the two drivers a week ago, the SAH has MUCH less high end than the SA-HF. The cutoff is much earlier.

• 9 years later...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I can't find any info on what adaptor might be used to screw the klipsch cornwall midrange onto an altec 511b horn.  The parts express link in the thread earlier does not work.  Is this a reasonable substitute?  Thanks.

Eminence S2B-A Aluminum 1-3/8"-18 TPI Screw-On to 2/3-Bolt Horn Adapter
https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-s2b-a-aluminum-1-3-8-18-tpi-screw-on-to-2-3-bolt-horn-adapter--290-561

19 hours ago, Fmelindy said:

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I can't find any info on what adaptor might be used to screw the klipsch cornwall midrange onto an altec 511b horn.  The parts express link in the thread earlier does not work.  Is this a reasonable substitute?  Thanks.

Eminence S2B-A Aluminum 1-3/8"-18 TPI Screw-On to 2/3-Bolt Horn Adapter
https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-s2b-a-aluminum-1-3-8-18-tpi-screw-on-to-2-3-bolt-horn-adapter--290-561

That should work for a 1 3/8" screw type to the back of a 511b.  Looks a lot better than the cheap plastic ones I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, Fmelindy said:

I can confirm for you all that the adaptors linked above do indeed work and are of decent quality... cast aluminum.  

Also, the 511b is a noticeable upgrade over stock, even with the original klipsch driver.

Having recently accumulated the necessary components, I completed this same 511b/K55 "configuration test" just yesterday on a beater pair of Cornwalls.  I too am hearing quite favorable results.  I'm looking forward to doing the inverted cabinet orientation next before I make a final decision as to keep or sell them (Corns).