Klipschorns for Sale - Maybe Unmatched Pair - Worthwhile/Value?

ShapeShifter

There's a seller who has a pair of Klipschorns that they say were inherited. They appear to be 1984 Models with a Walnut Lacquer Finish. The seller is a lady who's not too familiar with the speakers. She did provide me with several photos; I've attached a few which show some visible scratches and gouges. Photo K_horn8 looks like one has a cane fabric and the other possibly has cloth? Most of the photos appear to focus on the cane fabric speaker.

I've asked that the serial numbers be provided to verify whether they're a truly matched pair or at least the same year and finish. They're located in New Jersey and shipping/crating & insurance is estimated at approximately $675.00, seem a bit high to me. Local pick up would require a 1200 mile round trip drive (est. cost of $250-350.00).

My question is do any of you think it's worthwhile to pursue these? If so what might be a reasonable price for a matching pair with noted discrapancies and an unmatched pair with the same, assuming they'd be a good purchase of course? Got some good input from another member, but wanted to get the comments and opinions from others here as well.

I appreciate any comments both positive and negative, and any suggestions regarding price.

Thanks in advance,

Wes

KLIPSCH IS MUSIC!!f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 10-09-2001 at 11:02 AM

The one speaker is good looking, it would make me think, but id still toss it around some!

Missuori to jersey, WOW!

Is houston closer?

There is a set in oak, and the bid is at $710.00 5 days left, awesome klipsch speakers for sale on E-bay, but im not sure if a BB has the high bid on these!

these are 1,100 miles one way from me WOW!

That i didnt realize!

Time to go to work, ill see ya later Wes!

Regards Jim

Jim,

Thanks for you're other input. Yea, still tossing. That's why I posted here to see if anyone would want to share their thoughts and comments. Michigan to New Jersey is quite a haul indeed. I did a 1400 miles round trip to get the 71 Vertical Cornwalls though. Yes, it was worth it! Michigan to Houston even further than you, approx. 1300 miles. Heck, those K-Horns in Florida are 1100+ from Michigan. This area has very few Klipsch Heritage speakers that come up for private or auction sales.

BTW- I got out of jury duty today, lawyers plea bargained and settled cases just prior to jury selection. I get to enjoy an additional paid day off.cwm30.gif

If I could only do something about this speaker obsession! Perhaps, I need therapy.cwm36.gif

Wes

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 10-09-2001 at 12:00 PM

WES

Sorry im everywhere, LOL!

Your passing these on, ok, how much are they LOL?

Thats strange, 2 serial numbers, top and bottoms, caint say ive ever seen that!

Michigan, yes where did i get Missouri?

LOL

Well, i have achance to sell these quintets so i think im ganna, there in the box ready to go!

Ill see ya later, Regards Jim

Jim,

Passing as in not buying. I wouldn't recommend other persue buying. I feel that a seller should be up front and state any descrepancies. The issues with these were only revealed due to me pushing for photos and serial number info.

DD2,

A pair should have 4 serial numbers. These do, but they're unmatched as stated in my previous post.cwm1.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ShapeShifter:

Going to pass on these! Got serial number info and
both speakers have different serial numbered tops and bottoms.
Thanks to those who sent personal messages.

Gotta run, works callingWavey.gif

Wes

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 10-10-2001 at 06:10 AM