I need advices to match a cd player with my klipsch RF3

electro30

Hi, i need advices to buy a new cd player.

My audio components are:

-a old nad cd 5325 player

-Jolida 502b amp

-Klipsch Rf3 speakers

I'm living in a distant area in Canada. The choice at the local audio store is very limited and i know i will have to order the cd player on the internet so it's impossible for me to listen before buying. Actually, i like my RF3 but i do have listening fatigue and i think my cd player is the problem. Is there someone who have similar audio components and i want to have advices for a new cd player. What i want is a clean sound with no listening fatigue, is it possible? I whish.

Thank

Do a search on cd players and see what comes up. There have many postings on this subject. If you can afford $900-1200 then the Jolida CD player or the AH!Tjoeb CD player are very popular on the forum.

I have a NAD C542 which you can get for under $500 and is a very good player. which NAD cd player do you have?

Try the search and you should find lots of post.

XMan

What i want is a clean sound with no listening fatigue, is it possible? I whish.

============

It is not an easy pursuit if you realize the fatigue. Some listeners do not.

A used MSB or Perpetual DAC is pretty inexpensive to ship and will give you a taste of less fatigue. 200usd -400 usd

THe Jolida CD player is very nice but a somewhat hearty investment. 700-800 usd used as I recall.

SOme listeners with Sony ES 333 or 555 SACD players (without DVD Video) find them very listeneable.

Good Luck

Hi, i need advices to buy a new cd player.

My audio components are:

-a old nad cd player

-Jolida 502b amp

-Klipsch Rf3 speakers

I'm

living in a distant area in Canada. The choice at the local audio store

is very limited and i know i will have to order the cd player

on the internet so it's impossible for me to listen

before buying. Actually, i like my RF3 but i do have listening

fatigue and i think my cd player is the problem. Is there someone

who have similar audio components and i want to have advices for a new

cd player. What i want is a clean sound with no listening

fatigue, is it possible? I whish.

Thank

You might consider a Philips DVD 963SA. You can find them used on

Audiogon or eBay for around $200 now. The it can play DVD's,

SACD, and CD's. It also has an upsampling feature for CD play

back, which can really smooth out and warm up CD audio quality.

Thanks for the advices.

I did read a few post about cd player and a guy said he don't see the difference between a Walmart cd player and a 500$ cd player. I just wish it's not true. The jolida cd seem to be a good choice. If the sound and reliability is good as the post say here then i will buy the jolida before Christmas.

I have a question for "Whell". To get the RF7 speakers is a dream for me. You have the RF7 and RF3, is there a big difference in term of musicality between those speakers and do it need a much larger room for the RF7?

Thank

I did read a few post about cd player and a guy said he don't see the difference between a Walmart cd player and a 500$ cd player.

You have the RF7 and RF3, is there a big difference in term of musicality between those speakers and do it need a much larger room for the RF7?

Thank

Depending on what speakers/amp/etc the guy was listening to, I can easily see how he couldn't hear any difference between the CD players. Now, if you have a more sonically accurate system such as Klipsch makes, the components upstream from the speakers will make a large difference, especially at loud levels. My new $49.99 Magnavox DVD (got it free) player makes CD audio sound a million times better than my 6 year old Sony 200 disc changer.

I've listened to RF-7s at a friends house and there's no other speaker that I've heard that compares to them yet. The entire bass, midrange and treble section have much more impact at any volume. He has a very small room they are in, too. My RF-25s get the job done for right now, but I certainly dream of the day that I bring home a pair of RF-7s.

Today i have read many interesting post about impedance. They where talking about RF7. But i decided to try on my RF3 and the result was amazing. I have connect my speakers to the 4 ohm output in spite the RF3 is rated 8 ohm. The sound is warmer, less agressive and the soundstage seem better. My amp is driving the speakers more easily and the bass have more punch. I don't know if it's good for the amp but i will take a chance. I have try cd's that are very agressive and the sound is still agressive but at much louder volume. I will continue to look for a new cd player, but right now the tube amp is making a miracle.