read this for a good laugh

I cought this on the ilounge.com forums.......I know Bose uses science to make speakers. They understand the brain and how the speakers make you hear things right.

The next time I go out for a little neurosurgery and the name of the doctor on the door says Bose, remind me to just walk away.........Poor ill-informed kid.[:^)]

I always used to think Klipsch was a German name.

• Moderators

LOL

I'll give him a break. Heck, my own mother still says Klischp. Why she insists on putting the p at the end is beyond me. I stopped correcting her about 4 years ago.

My favorite is the customers who used to call in and say "I've got some Klipsch-ee speakers...." I didn't have the heart to tell them there is no "e" at the end...let alone multiple ones. I was surprised at how many people said it like that.

This looks like a good place to post this add from Sunday's Little Rock paper.

SPEAKERS - Klielipszh, 300 watts. Havea pair. Asking $600 for both. 501-851-1202 or 912-2883

Bob Crites

PS: They are KP-480s in case anybody is interested.

This looks like a good place to post this add from Sunday's Little Rock paper. SPEAKERS - Klielipszh, 300 watts. Havea pair. Asking $600 for both. 501-851-1202 or 912-2883 Bob Crites PS: They are KP-480s in case anybody is interested.

Well, not many can spell good in Arkansaw. cept you and terry. How are the Feyettekong in Fayettenam?

H H Greg recently has a new little theater in it's high end appliance area that has a Bose 5.1 system installed. When they were building it out, the store built "the room" then Bose sent it's own crew to re build a room within a room to exact Bose Specs.

I will grant them, they wanted to make it "sing" perfectly.. The guy from Bose said the room decorations, materials used, and exact diffusers, reflectors etc etc retail cost to duplicate it was 300K.

Now I am not dumb jerk, but 300K?? Even if it was 100K, I am not so sure that is possible.

Makes you wonder if they need 300K to make it sound good, how does sound in YOUR house? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Give me Klipsch, Any Day!!

LOL

I'll give him a break. Heck, my own mother still says Klischp. Why she insists on putting the p at the end is beyond me. I stopped correcting her about 4 years ago.

My favorite is the customers who used to call in and say "I've got some Klipsch-ee speakers...." I didn't have the heart to tell them there is no "e" at the end...let alone multiple ones. I was surprised at how many people said it like that.

Girl-friend,

It maybe an Arkie thing, or it may be a universal thing. I have a P.E. associate(an Arkie) who has owned cornerhornes since 1970. Now, he runs 5.1, all Klipschhorns and still says Klips. (Bec's town)

And a customer in Conway,AR. (at least 75 Years old). He had just moved into a new/old home. I walked into his home to find old Mac tube amps piled everywhere. Downstairs, four Khorns and a Bell. They were set up. All rosewood, all looking like they were cut from the same tree. All signed by PWK. He takes me upstairs.

Four more rosewood cornerhorns in bedrooms. All signed PWK.

I was cool.

Almost.

On my hands and knees breathing into a brown paper bag.

The old man put on a cd of Basie and I melted.

He had known PWK for 50 years.......and still..... said Klips.......

Go figure......

Regards,

Terry