music type

hillbilly

Since I've had my first pair of Klipsch, I've noticed some things. They don't really do that much for country or heavy metal. Go ahead and laugh now, yes I like those kinds of music. Country seems optimized for voice. Maybe so it'll sound good on crappy pickup truck speakers... (yes I have a pickup) LOL Metal seems optimized for tons of mid-bass, maybe best for concert speakers. One of my favorite bands is Dave Matthews. These speakers seem to reveal alot and sound incredible with that kind of music. Not to say that they can't blast metal, but it seems like they would sound better with metal if the woofers were a bit more active. Probably wouldn't hurt country either.

Some Klipsch speakers work best for different types of music. I don't that there's many country fans here, but we've sure got some metal heads. They seem to prefer KLF20/30, Cornwall, ChorusII, LaScala.

What are you running? Maybe we just need to get you into another model.

Chime in here if I've forgotten any lads!

Michael

Cant comment on metal but I find my Klipsch to work just fine for the country music that I listen to. I was just listening to Merle Haggards great CD If I Could Only Fly and was mesmerized. It doesnt get much more country than that! I have also been listening to George Jones (Hits Ive Missed) latest which is a wonderfully produced CD and sings on my Klipsch. . My speakers must know most Roseanne Cash songs by heart given how much playing time she gets here. Then theres the man himself. If you have a vinyl rig invest in CASH American lV The Man Comes Around on Lost Highway records. Country never sounded so good. It's a shame to limit it by calling it country. Its one of Americas finest troubadours taking songs by the gonads and making them his own. It by the way sounds very nice on my Belles!

Josh

Good to hear that. I haven't been into country forever, so I'm sure there's alot out there I haven't sampled yet. I heard some Merle recently though, and I'm considering gettin an album of his.

I was reading that alot of folks are finding that their RF-7's sound much better with 200+ watts. They're rated the same as my CF-3's @ 250w and 1000w peak. Maybe I need 200 watts.

I'd really like to read up on the epic series if anybody knows where I can get some reliable info on them.

If you have a vinyl rig invest in CASH American

lV The Man Comes Around on Lost Highway records. Country never

sounded so good. It's a shame to limit it by calling it country. Its

one of Americas finest troubadours taking songs by the gonads and

making them his own.

Amen, although I have it on CD. This album has made grown men cry.

I was reading that alot of folks are finding that their RF-7's sound much better with 200+ watts. They're rated the same as my CF-3's @ 250w and 1000w peak. Maybe I need 200 watts.

It isn't only raw wattage, but the quality of those watts as well. Also, having the ability to drive low impedances and a high current amplifier are key.

I just picked up Johnny Cash at San Quentin and at Folsom Prison. Both are 20 bit Digitally Remastered and they sound alright. The music is great, but they sound alright.

I think both were recordered in the late 60's and live, so for what they are they sound good.

I have some Asleep at the Wheel which sounds great.

Dolly Parton's new stuff sound awesome.

Mindy Smith is so clean, she gives Alison Krauss a run for her money. IMHO Alison has the cleanest, purest voice.

I think I have 5 DMB CD's. I keep buying him hoping the next CD will be as good as Standing Under the Table. I got caught up in the hype and bought Stand Up. I have decided that if you heard one DMB album, you have heard them all. Regardless it still sounds good on my Klipsch and it should sound good on yours.

It depends what you are buying and the biggest thing is your source.

I think you have enough power. As long as it's clean power and you have a good source, either TT or CDP your speakers will be just great.

Danny

Good to hear that. I haven't been into country forever, so I'm sure there's alot out there I haven't sampled yet. I heard some Merle recently though, and I'm considering gettin an album of his.

I'd really like to read up on the epic series if anybody knows where I can get some reliable info on them.

You'll want to look up member Cleve or Cleve2, He has a whole CF setup in his home and seems to know a lot about them.

Michael