May have to Disown (?) Fiancée

divin11112000

Wow talk about OT for technical questions

I'll put my vote for keeping both of the original fiancées... divin

and missa25. Relationships are always a question of give

and take... as long as the respect and trust is there.

OTOH, I don't agree that (all) women can't be bought... but those that

could, wouldn't be the type of women I'd want to be with. After

all, we've all seen the pretty girl in the arms of the "sugar

daddy"... [+o(]

Colter, I may not be the most experienced in starting new

relationships, but one thing I've noticed is the best ones happen when

you are least searching for it. Many different reasons for this,

but basically you are more apt to be yourself when your guard is

down.

I would be most interested to learn of ways to

accomplish the same thing without spending money. I don't think it can

be done and I've been brainstorming and trying new things for

years.

No text book on that one, but I can assure you haven't been trying hard enough. [:P]

Try doing something you don't feel like doing with the soul purpose of

pleasing your girl is a good place to start. For example, taking

her shopping rather than working your latest DIY project for

example... oh... and not whining about it to boot.

ROb

I dunno about you guys, but placing a candle on or near a vibrating object is pretty risky. I educated my girlfriend, she watched a plant on a doily vibrate off one of my speakers. Stuffed animals tend to fall off as well.

Now, no candles go near the speakers or anything that could vibrate, I will allow them on top of the amplifier though, not much to hurt there.

No text book on that one, but I can assure you haven't been trying hard enough. [:P]

Try doing something you don't feel like doing with the soul purpose of

pleasing your girl is a good place to start. For example, taking

her shopping rather than working your latest DIY project for

example... oh... and not whining about it to boot.

Last time I checked shopping cost money [;)] So does renting / going to

watch movies. Dinner costs money (either if you make it or go out).

Watching TV technically costs money too. Playing cards, well you gotta

buy the cards. The only thing I can think of is going for walks, but

she don't like to do that unless we go to Chicago...but that involves

taking the train so again she only enjoys it when it costs money [;)]

Heck, even just sitting around costs money cuz you gotta pay for the

heat and electricity.

DrWho, don't worry kiddo, yer doin just fine. They just mean that you don't have to shower the gal with presents and 1000 pairs of shoes. You're in college, funds are limited. Heck yes pizza and movie are a big deal. But I know you guys do stuff together and have the feeling you've got a special young gf there young man.

So just keep doing what you're doing. You're okay with me dude.

Michael

Okay, I just saw I was voted off the the thread for telling Michael to go buy a woman. My point was taken out of context because of its obvious sarcasm. What I was saying (in gest only) is that we boys get so entrenched in our boy hobbies (like stereos) that we find it takes time away from whatever activities are more likely to land a nice girlfriend, wife, etc. So, if you'd give it all away for a good wife, stop listening to the stereo and go hang out where the wife might be found. Of course, those activities cost a little money (just like stereo hobbies). That's all I was saying.

It was funny, though, watching a few of you recoil in astonishment.

Or, guys........ you can wait for the perfect, Klipsch-loving babe. That sort of reminds me of the old Yahoo commercial where the old man's monkey sits on his shoulder and keeps throwing food at the wife. So the wife leaves the man. The man Yahoos himself a new wife with a parrot on her shoulder. The perfect match! The parrot catches the food thrown by the monkey, and everyone's happy. [:)]

Anyway, out of all of you, looks like Dr. Who understood my post the most. Post the most???? [;)]

Now, for some more fun on the way...

For those of you guys who would give it all away for a good wife, keep this in mind. Do you recall all those married guys who said enjoy being single while you are and don't be in a hurry? Amen!

It all changes when you give up the bachelor's life. And when you find the right one, it really hits you as being permanent. It's like a transition from young to old. As kids, we always wanted to grow up, but now that we're older.....

Don't they call this...... what's the word?....... trolling? [;)]

Watching TV technically costs money too. Playing

cards, well you gotta buy the cards. The only thing I can think of is

going for walks, but she don't like to do that unless we go to

Chicago...but that involves taking the train so again she only enjoys

it when it costs money [;)] Heck, even just sitting around costs money

cuz you gotta pay for the heat and electricity.

Lol you think that doesn't count as whining??

Actually walking can cost money too... lets see... you get

dehydrated and drink municipal water (cheapest thing around) but it had

to be filtered and paid through your taxes. Oh... and you are

still paying for rent, heat, electricity, internet, the famous

pack'o'cards, etc... all for nothing since you are not using them. [;)]

BTW, I'll take her shopping but I'll let her buy her own stuff... [:)] ... and I buy my own. [8-|]

ROb

Wow, I think that this thread took on a life of it's own.

First, I worked on the speakers a little bit this past weekend, and I got some of the wax off. HOWEVER the iron i a piece of @%$# and leaks. I noticed a funny "stain" on the cover which is why I stopped (it looked like paper looks when you spill water on it, how it has the water ring after it has dried). I had a similar "stain" on a nice shirt that is now ruined, needless to say I was very upset at the iron, and almost tossed it across the room (I didn't as to my current luck it would have bounced and hit the speaker).

Fortunately after a few hours the "stain" went away (unlike my shirt). So once we get a new iron I will continue to remove the wax. I was very happy with the portion that I did get out. I at least got out the most noticable portion you have to pay attention to see most of the rest of the wax.

As far as the significant other comments that have been going around, I think it's easy to take "scarcastic" comments out of context and I try to take things with a grain of salt. Missa commented to me (while she was reading the posts) that she was bothered by some of them. I reminded her that they were probably scarcastic and then she was alright. She said well i'm posting anyways.

Finding the right woman is like getting a killer deal on a pair of speakers, you have to be in the right place at the right time. You need a little looking, but you tend to stumble over the deal while your eye is set on something else. Don't think women will like that analogy and missa probably won't like being compared to speakers, but think she'll know what I mean.

• Moderators

Jeff, you do not have to "give it all away for a good wife, stop listening to the stereo". It would help if the girlfriend and/or intended wife at least enjoyed listening to music. That was a starting point for my interest in Klipsch.

Being a student can present challenges in relationships, however Formica's advice may be well taken. At the risk of being sarcastic "a little less whining" would go a long way with the girls.

If you get "so entrenched" in your boy hobbies that you don't have time to land a girlfriend, you surely must find it difficult to keep a girlfriend. After all, what would happen if the girlfriend was "so entrenched" in her own hobbies. Geez, men and women may never get together.

This post is not intended to be sarcastic, only to reveal pieces of the puzzle. LOL

And yes there are women who can be bought, just as there are men that can be bought.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Divin and Missa,

The obvious sarcasm on the forum was a stumbling block for me. However, after reading this forum for almost 6 months, the sarcasm actually became humorous. The friendships we have made far outweigh the sarcasm. I hope missa continues to post, as Amy said "yeah, another woman".

Divin, your comment about "stumbling over the deal when your eye is set on something else" is very true.

and yes Missa you did "BUST EM"

• Like 1

Mrs Dtel.

No offense was intended, and none was taken, on either side, I trust.

The written word, here or anywhere, is subject to miscommunication. We have typesetting icons for bold or italics. There is none for sarcasm, irony, frustration, hate, loneliness, sharing, love, joy, loss, or sorrow.

This forum is a good place because we do traffic in such things. I like the guys at this local bar.

This topic got off off on the wrong foot because a technical problem was presented as a girlfriend problem.

Gil

Mrs dtel sez: " However, after reading this forum for almost 6 months, the sarcasm actually became humorous. The friendships we have made far outweigh the sarcasm. "

I was wondering how you sounded like 'one of the guys' right out of the can! Now I know. You'd been spying on our man-land, hearing our boy-stories all this time. Don't get me wrong, I think most of us are okay with being 'infiltrated' by the gentler of the species. Maybe you all can keep us in line a bit or at least let us know when we're waaay off base.

If this keeps up, we'll have to petition Amy for a 'Dear Mrs Dtel and Missa' Forum!

Michael

• Moderators

I agree totally with everything you said Gil, except one thing. The technical problem could have been a girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband problem. I do not think that is the case here, especially since Missa was not the one who lit the candles.

When I began dating dtel, it was made very clear to me that I would not be allowed to place anything on top of the speakers, let alone near speakers that could possibly cause them damage. After we were married I had a blonde moment, (one of many) and put a beautiful (live) potted ivy plant on top of one of the speakers. Upon realizing my blonde moment, dtel's "sarcasm" kicked in and I believe he said something like "Are you stupid?" (Good thing we were already married when he said that) Anyway, I never put anything other than small photos on speakers after that. And...dtel soon realized asking (Are you stupid?) was not effective communication tool.

Which reminds me, Divin has yet to accept responsibility for his role in the "technical problem". It took Missa to spill the beans. One other thing guys, we girls have a thing about you guys admitting when you are wrong. It is just a girl thing, it shows us your "softer" side. You can gain lots and lots of brownie favors for doing that. In this case, I would think (correct me if I am wrong Missa) that Divin should tell all of us in his own words, how the candle wax came to be on the speaker covers!!!

I like the guys & gals at this local bar also, otherwise I wouldn't have visited or joined.

• Like 1

Oh, Mrs. Dtel, there is this thing that women will never get about men - as long as we're in the dropping hints business. First, women are much more community-minded than men. Men want to achieve like Lone Rangers. I am sure you knew that, but until you actually felt the forces of nature like we do, you'd never understand us.

Ever notice how the male species of animals walks around peeing in spots? It's not because they want to be "soft" and "open." If only you could be a fly on the wall at an all-night poker party between 21-year-old males. Then, you'd see nature unfettered by social re-programming. [;)]

The above comments were a prelude to this: "You don't want to hear Devin in his own words." Now, if Devin wants to exercise a little willpower and be re-programmed momentarily due to the nature of his audience (ladies[:D]), we might hear a somehwhat diplomatic response. He'll get brownie points, and we guys will fully sympathize for why he caved.

Oh, Devin?

Oh, Mrs. Dtel, there is this thing that

women will never get about men - as long as we're in the dropping hints

business. First, women are much more community-minded than

men. Men want to achieve like Lone Rangers. I am sure you

knew that, but until you actually felt the forces of nature like we do,

you'd never understand us.

Ever notice how the male species of

animals walks around peeing in spots? It's not because they want

to be "soft" and "open." If only you could be a

fly on the wall at an all-night poker party between 21-year-old

males. Then, you'd see nature unfettered by social

re-programming. [;)]

The above comments were a prelude to this: "You don't want to hear Devin in his own words."

Now, if Devin wants to exercise a little willpower and be re-programmed

momentarily due to the nature of his audience (ladies[:D]), we might

hear a somehwhat diplomatic response. He'll get brownie points,

and we guys will fully sympathize for why he caved.

Oh, Devin?

You don't really believe that drivel do you?