May have to Disown (?) Fiancée

divin11112000

What is it with women and candles?

Allow me...

Candlelight is the softest, warmest, most flattering light in the world. Makes women feel pretty, thus, increasing self-confidence... To your benefit, we become happier, more giving, less nagging. The light is also serene, peaceful, "home-y." Comforting.

Best to let us have our candles. I recommend the kind in glass jars to avoid spillage.

Correctumendo Amy! Light from candles is even warmer colored than tungsten lighting (typical light bulbs), is usually at a very low level, is often seen in multiples. From a strictly lighting perspective, this large, soft, source of warm light emanating from below the face is extremely flattering for most people. It erases lines and wrinkles, hides sags in older skin, puts 'fire in the eyes' and generally makes everyone look better.

The flickering effect and any scent are nice extras. Candles are good. Trust women when it comes to stuff like this. They know how to put on makeup and what colors to wear to accentuate their positive attributes. If your gals likes candles, buy em by the truckload. I'm told it pays off.

So long as you are safe..

And of very naughty dates you can drip some of the wax.......

Michael

that's it michael you are oficially banned from the he man women haters club!!!!!!!!!!!

Had some nice wax globs on my cain Cornwall grilles - from the previous

owner(s). I used my small household steam cleaner, and it removed the

wax without a trace. I would think this would be just as effective on

cloth, as it heats the wax to the point where it becomes liquid and

flushes it away.

You can get these on eBay, and at around $75 it might be cheaper than a new grille (like it'll never happen again).

http://search.ebay.com/steam-mouse_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQfstypeZ1

• Moderators

I feel so much prettier with candlelight.[A]

Damn the fire hazard - MY feelings about myself is what matters!

P-L-E-A-S-E! They see it on TV and they gotta copy it.

DM

Just think about the safety hazzard when they used to put candles on Christmas trees! Whooops!

My pretty little assistant came over her and decorated my hearth room for the holidays. Got done, then moved my candles, made the mistake of setting one on my KSW subwoofer. I had to do a little explaining about how candles and vibrating speakers don't mix. Showed her the 15 pound hunk of petrified wood I usually set on it to give better floor shock (she'd removed it of course ) and told her that IT had vibrated off one day last week.

I'd give away all the Cornwalls just to have one pretty girl and her candles over here though. But for now guess I'd better protect my speakers, huh?

Michael

My pretty little assistant came over her and decorated my hearth room for the holidays. Got done, then moved my candles, made the mistake of setting one on my KSW subwoofer. I had to do a little explaining about how candles and vibrating speakers don't mix. Showed her the 15 pound hunk of petrified wood I usually set on it to give better floor shock (she'd removed it of course ) and told her that IT had vibrated off one day last week.

I'd give away all the Cornwalls just to have one pretty girl and her candles over here though. But for now guess I'd better protect my speakers, huh?

Michael

Michael, here's a tip. If you took all the money you spent on stereo equipment and spent it on a woman, she'd love you no matter what! [:)] Klipsch are like women. You can easily spend a fortune trying to get to know them.

hmmm...it would seem that many people think i should get the boot!!! since i am the fiance` that actually did the spilling, (and do still feel terrible about the whole debocle), i think that is is important to point out which one of the two of us actually lit the candles.....it wasn't me!!! in fact, i have not lit candles in the house in the last couple of weeks!!! it's been all him, so i think the new rule shoud be u lit 'em, u snuff 'em.

anyway, i just wanted to put my two cents in. thank you honey for mentioning last year's Christmas purchase, and that it is because of me and my dad that you found such nice high quality speakers.[:)]

oh, guys, we are... all....so... BUSTED![:$][*-)][8-)]

ok, missa, it's your turn, which of US should stay and which should go, based on the advice we gave (keeping in mind that some jabs are meant in good, but misplaced, humour)? Go ahead, give it a shot, just for fun. Pick the keepers and throw backs.....

Michael

• Moderators

Missa I know Colterphoto said you should have the vote, but I have to tell you... Colter can stay, Jeff should go...any man that thinks money can buy women seriously does not understand women. There are a lot of ways to impress women without spending money. I don't think we should give Jeff any clues either, and maybe no one will "sell" him a clue. I wonder what his wife, girlfriend or significant other, if there is one, would have to say about his theory. What I do find interesting is the fact that most of the men on this forum had no comment on his theory regarding women and money.

You guys may want to watch out for Colter, he just might have what it takes to turn your woman's head. Hang in there Michael, I promise a good lady will come your way soon.

and...I think the person that lights the candles should be responsible for snuffing them out.

• Like 1

ROFL! too funny [:D]

You have to admit though...women feel very special when you spend a lot

of money on them (in the proper ways of course). [;)]

I would be most interested to learn of ways to accomplish the same

thing without spending money. I don't think it can be done and I've

been brainstorming and trying new things for years.

Most of you young guys are SICK!. Even though my wife and I might go

out for a nice dinner some time, or go some place fancy, what my wife

likes best is that I love her and respect what she thinks. I trust her

explicitly (there is a long story why, but not for this board). I enjoy

her intellect and great sense of humor. Thirty some plus years and it

has gotten better all the time.

"Can't buy me love!"

Yeah, Michael has a chance.

• Moderators

Marvel it is easy to see why you have thirty something years with your wife. I hate to give these guys a clue. Women do not actually want to be "bought". Yes gifts are nice, however love, respect and consideration go much further.

Fixing my coffee for me in the morning gets dtel just as far, if not farther than bringing me flowers. Not that I don't like flowers, they are among some of my favorite things, but the consideration means much more. That is just one clue. There are many more.

Gil, you should always mean what you say and say what you mean.

And yes, Michael does have a chance. I consider his opinions to be sincere, after all, there aren't enough women on this forum for him to be trying to impress anyone.,

• Like 1

Thank you for the mention Mrs. Dtel.

Let me quote Tweety Bird, as he or she faces the camera with a bit of smirk. "He don't know me very well. do he?."

For good or bad, any relationships hit bad patches. Some people here

"vent" to our fellow brothers. I trust that is true for the females, too.

Please note that any post by men are not hositle to women. Rather, some puzzlement on how to make thiings work

Gil

• Moderators

Gil, I did not mean to offend you. Simply put, if you say what you mean and mean what you say it doesn't matter who looks, reads or listens in to our world. I do not know any of you very well. I also would not judge any of you, lest I be judged myself. That being said, a comment that insinuates women like to be bought is insulting or should be insulting to most women. If I thought any of the men on this forum were hostile to women I would not have joined as a member.

And...oh yes women do vent. I do hope some of the "puzzlement" being experienced by some of you male posters can be answered by your fellow brothers and sisters.

• Like 1

""puzzlement" [8-|]

Oh yes, and Mrs. Dtel, we to speak like engineers too. [;)] Comes with the territory, don't worry, you get the hang of it.

And one other thing, we need to update our membership roles with a post from dtel regarding a Klipsch adventure, just for the fun of it, or you may write in his stead. (see 'Can I join the Club- 2 ch). I like your style lady!

M