Which type and brand of capacitors are best for hillbilly music?

Allan Songer

I was wondering if any of you experts out there could share some of your experiences with rolling different types of capacitors in amps, (SET, PP tube and solid state), preamps and speaker crossovers when playing authentic hillbilly music--none of that BS AP Carter stuff--the REAL deal.

I know NOTHING about no hillbilly capacitors, and I am SURE that you won't consider them the real deal, but if you don't have "Timewarp", Ozark Mountain Daredevils (the closest thing to a box set retrospective), gitit. You won't be sorry.

... but I'm just a good ol' boy that's learned to wait .

Damn, Alan, you were the last MF I expected to see start a thread about Hillbilly anything. I can give you plenty of music choices,....But I aint never rolled no capacitors in my dang amps.s

But out of curiousity, are we talking Hillbilly as in Lester and Earl, or Roy Jones......

Or Rock-a-Billy, as in BR459, or Bill Pardon & His Nashville Rebels...... I've seen the later two groups here in Tulsa, they're pretty dang good too.