2006 has some great movies coming out

ranjith

Firstly, I'm a big fan of comic books. So my first two big blockbusters for '06 is X-men 3 and Superman!!

X-Men 3 and Superman both have trailers at www.apple.com/trailers

For those interested, X-men 3 has some awesome new characters in it . Namely the following:

1. Dr. Jean Grey turns into the Dark Phoenix ( WHAT! )

2. Vinnie Jones plays Juggernaut

3. Arch Angel

and a few more surprises that I cant ruin yet. It looks to be an awesome movie.

The much anticipated Superman movie is releasing in the summer, and looks pretty nice.

Any others wanna chime in with their much awaited '06 movies??

I am very interested in the XMen 3. I really liked the first two and thought they did an awesome story with the 2nd one. You know, sometimes the sequels just don't measure up but this one was great.

I don't really know what's coming up so I don't know what to look forward to next year. Anyone have a link to what's upcoming?

D

I saw a teaser for Ice Age II but it was quite useless, it was purely just the squirrel chasing around its acorn. Didn't give away anything I guess, will wait and see what the real trailer is like. Pirates of the Caribbean 2 should be good, its definitely on my list of movies to watch. I'm very much looking forward to Superman being released in the summer, the original director of xmen 1 and 2 quit X3 in the beginning of shooting and went over to directing Superman. Brian Singer does an amazing job with the effects and sound, I saw the trailer and it looks pretty good.

Resuming the comic book genre - but will be much more than that.....

A screen adaptation of Alan Moore's "V For Vendetta", scheduled for a mid-March release. Trust me on this - there will be LOTS of pre-release banter about this film, because it deals with current issues of terrorism and the power of the government against its own citizens. This will be very controversial, no doubt - but will get large scale screenplay, because it is brought to you by the Wachowski brothers, who brought us "The Matrix". From the early pre-screen reviews, it is one of those rare films that will spark discussion far beyond the norm - everybody will be talking about this one.

D-Rex,

Try "Rotten Tomatoes" they have a list that goes into 2007. There are some pretty interesting films on this list.

One that caught my eye was "Basic Instinct 2" Staring: Sharon Stone.... huba, huba[:P]

Edit: I forgot to give you a link,

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movies/upcoming.php

Steve

Holy Camoly Basic Instinct 2 that will be killer. Whos' gonna play Superman?