Never thought it would happen...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Our oldest daughter, Jamie graduated with her degree in Nursing and Applied Sciences last night. The ceremony was actually enjoyable. Short, quick and to the point... We want to let all of you know about her accomplishment.(she does lurk about here sometimes) She has faced enormous difficulties completing this challenge and her staying power says something about her as a person. In the last and most difficult semester, she faced forced evacuation from our home, loss of electrical power (including running water) for almost two weeks, four additional people moving into our home (this is actually a blessing) and a semester that was shortened by four weeks, all compliments of Katrina.

We are truly proud to call her our daughter.

• Like 1

Who Cares?

You will see if you stick around long enough. We're an online community who is more like family. These guys not only buy stuff from each other, but visit each others homes and have get togethers every so often.

WE CARE if some is ill, hurting, passes away, has a new baby, graduates, gets a new job, or just scores a beautiful set of Klipsch Speakers.

That's who cares. We all do.

Michael

Congratulations to your daughter.

If I were a prospective employer, that story would be enough to convince me that she is worthy of hire. Getting a degree like that is hard work - but doing it amidst the aftermath of Katrina shows great focus and mettle. As tough as that situation had to be, I'll bet that she never regrets taking on that challenge.

I thought this interesting. I received this email from a newer member regarding my response to his 'who cares?' post. I find the subject line amusing.

"This email was sent from a user at Klipsch Forums. Replying
to this email will be sent back to the user via normal
email.

Sent From: kbear
Subject: dip rod

so the question is WHO CARES?IM 6K MILES AWAY can i come to watch?"

I won't pretend to speak for the dtel family , but maybe a 'don't bother showing up but send a gift anyway" might be appropriate.

Hugs and Kisses

Michael

What a &*ck - come on down here twit and we will have a talk about manners.

Congrats to your daughter, having a mother who decided when I was in

high school to go into nursing in her 50's and graduate with honors, I

have lived through the whole process and it was tortuous for <me>

- I can only imagine how proud you must be.

Wish her the best for us.

K

• Moderators

Thank you Michael. We love you too. Actually, our family does not accept gifts from people like kbear. However, my daughter has been reading this thread and she advises in this instance, "Hell yeh, tell kbear send Khorns as the gift and stay his _ss away from our family."

It was obvious to me that he doesn't visit "this bar" very often. In the words of Toby Keith, "I love this bar".

As most of you know, achieving a degree in nursing is a difficult task in itself, not to mention the forces of nature (Katrina) that our daughter had to overcome. The obvious was stated in the original post we made, what is not obvious to a lot of people were the leaky roofs, non-functioning air conditioners, lack of fans, etc. on the college campus. Bathing in pond water, sleeping with loaded guns by your bed, hand washing clothes, pouring water into a toilet to flush it. MRE's as a steady diet (thank God), lack of refrigeration and/or ice, lack of gas to get to and from school, and on and on.

Our story is probably one of the least heartbreaking and I am almost embarrassed to have to expel on the details, when many have suffered much greater losses.

Most of the nursing schools in southeastern Louisiana were completely obliterated by Katrina. No nurses will be graduating in that area for at least another six months. So...this was a major accomplishment, not only for our daughter, but for four generations of our family. Dtel's mother, who is 72 years old(attended the ceremony also), dtel and I, my daughter and my daughter's son. Considering dtel's mother and everyone in his family lost thier homes, WE CARE and we know our friends on this forum care.

I do apologize to you guys for being so long winded, but it is not just the fact that she graduated. It is so much more.

• Like 1

Good for your daughter...[:)]

MY older sister (51) just started nursing school about a year ago and she also works full time. Certainly this day and age nurses are needed everywhere and are paid very well.

Regarding what she has been going through, tough times make people stronger.......

• Moderators

Kbear we never put it on this forum to find someone to care .

There is alot of personal stuff put here because it's like a big group of friends.

If i can post about a tv,or anything audio i am proud of, i can post about my daughter that is alot more important to us.

The way it works for most here is if you don't care about the subject don't read or post it's really that simple.

It was more like an announcement to friends nothing more.

Thanks for all the replies.