heressyll

kbear

bought a pair of heressy ll, any way the guy said he had been dying to get rid of them for sometime.... play ed them onetime along with my lascalasas, didnt really notice anything until the next time, which sounded like a blown woofer... could this be possible? their rated the same wattage as the la scalas.... did i get a lemon?.. been jammin with the same amp and equip, since 1978,,, added the h-ll's souldnt have been any problems... can anyone shed some light? supposedly their under warranty... the shipping will probably cost more than the speakers.. any suggestions?

The Heresys aren't quite as efficient as the LaScalas. "Blown" means

different things to different people. If you remove the grill, and push

gently in on the woofer, does it make a rubbing sound? If so, the voic

coil has overheated and warped. They don't have a foam surround, but a

treated paper/accordian style, which usually lasts a very, very long

time.

When you write that you played them along with the LaScalas, what exactly does that mean? If it means that both pairs were playing at the same time, how did you wire them to the amp(s)? There are different ways to do this (series, parallel, series-parallel, others) that change the impedance in different ways.

bought a pair of heressy lI . . . any suggestions?

Just one. An apology to dtel's wife and daughter would be nice (Never thought it would happen... ).

We're miles from you, why should we care about your speaker problem? We care because it's the right thing to do. We care until you demonstrate that you're not worthy of our concern.

bought a pair of heressy lI . . . any suggestions?

Just one. An apology to dtel's wife and daughter would be nice (Never thought it would happen... ).

We're miles from you, why should we care about your speaker problem? We care because it's the right thing to do. We care until you demonstrate that you're not worthy of our concern.

Yeah...what Diz said...

Bill

Wow! I missed this. I think an apology from him would be appropriate, too.

It is really amazing that kbear choose to be so offensive and rude so early in his postings. I'm also a little pleased that you responded in a fairly withheld fashion. Maybe he'll grow out of it, maybe he just had a bad day. or maybe he is having trouble finishing school. I have observed that it has become very difficult for folks to complete college since 911 and economy and weather have all been in the tank the last few years. That accomplishment means more than ever these days. You should be very proud.