Another Worthwhile Upgrade....REALLY Worthwhile!

garymd

Hi, I am new to the Forum and from Berlin/Germany.I want to upgrade my La Scala Crossover network after using the Speakers for 30 years now. I found the way to ALK Eng. webside and informations. I didn't find a way to get into contact to Dean G or Bob who also produce crossover network?

E-mail adress-webside ?

Regards FK Jazz

Exactly the same.[;)]

I have the A's boxed up and ready to ship to Dean so he can mod them for the Corns. I was just waiting for holiday shipping to end. They'll go out on Tuesday. I'm having Dean make some Super B's(???) out of them for a little extra $$$$ since I was so impressed with the Super AA's.

• 8 years later...

Ok, that tears it! I'm starting a rebellion here. "AA" - "Modified AA", "Super AA", "AA+", "Almost AA" -- enough already! You DO know there are OTHER letters in the alphabet, right? How about C, or D, or even J? Those are nice letters. Maybe an X somewhere? How abaout a number thrown in for the hell of it? AA-6, or even AA-3? You can't keep naming these different networks "AA"! Dangit.

What I see above in that pic, ain't at all the same as MY "Super AAs" - - Which I thought were brand NEW!

I think I'll just go out and join AA.

md

ROTFLMBO! OK, you win! I'm voting for your post for "rant of the year." :lol:

Uh, make that the best rant of 2005. :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

Everyone can relax, I renamed the network the "SuperX". I can make it work in just about anything.

Looking through this thread, including a few others that got bumped, I've been pretty consistent - I haven't really changed my mind about much.

And no, I'm not the one bumping these! But hey, I do like them, as they appear to contain some of my more lucid ramblings.

• Like 1

Wow. Great thread.... :rolleyes:

After almost 10 years, I haven't felt the need to replace my SuperX??? networks (didn't realize the name had changed). A few years back I added Dave's Fastracs and had to adjust the settings to tone down the mids a tad but that's about it. I know there are new networks out there that folks rave about but I haven't felt the need to spend the money. Other than adding Craig's new preamp, my system is pretty much exactly the same as it was when this thread began so to answer your question Mr. Cut-Throat....No, my opinion hasn't changed.

• Like 1

Marty must be a prophet, I just noticed the 'X' suggestion in his rant from almost a decade ago. Pretty neat -- I renamed the Super AA, the SuperX about three months ago. I thought the 'X' would be cool because I was thinking about how the crossover could be configured for just about any crossover points a person might want, and how those numbers were basically just variables - so the 'X' made perfect sense.

The Prophet Marty

Isn't this guy an atheist? Oh well, I've seen God use all kinds. : )

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Wow. Great thread.... :rolleyes:

After almost 10 years, I haven't felt the need to replace my SuperX??? networks (didn't realize the name had changed). A few years back I added Dave's Fastracs and had to adjust the settings to tone down the mids a tad but that's about it. I know there are new networks out there that folks rave about but I haven't felt the need to spend the money. Other than adding Craig's new preamp, my system is pretty much exactly the same as it was when this thread began so to answer your question Mr. Cut-Throat....No, my opinion hasn't changed.

Craigs new pre-amp?

• 2 years later...