Most Annoying Movie.... ever

michael hurd

Tonight, I watched "21 Grams" on the movie network. This movie is about how the lives of three different people are brought together in a most bizzare way. I really hated the flashback / jump ahead portions, with different characters to boot, it was difficult to discern what was going on until about 1/2 way through the movie. At that point, I figured what the hay, finish watching it.

I must say the high point of the movie was seeing Naiomi Watts' um..er flesh. Sean Penn was his usual self, with the same 'do that is recognizable anywhere in a crowd, sort of a "waldo" look to him. Not a movie for children, it has nudity and coarse language, drug use and violence.

Almost as bad ( runner-up ) was Heist, with Gene Hackman. Double cross after double cross, more twists than a road in spain, very annoying to follow.

Heist was a good movie...did not have flashbacks...and was just a CON type movie..

The worst movie for me recently made is Full Frontal by Soderbourg....Arggggggg is all I can say..

also I HEART Huckabees stunk too....

Ps....I think more and more people hate flashbacks...as they confuse....ruin tempo...and I feel the director thinks the audience is stupid so most go back and explain something...

Amy... I'm guessing you probably also like Memento, assuming you've seen it.

My wife hates non-linear films, in fact, she pretty much hates it is she doesn't know (or can't predict) exactly what's going to happen throughout the film.

...so she dislikes most of the films mentioned in this thread.

Another one that I really enjoy is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Probably my favorite by Charlie Kaufmann.

• Moderators

Amy... I'm guessing you probably also like Memento, assuming you've seen it.

My wife hates non-linear films, in fact, she pretty much hates it is she doesn't know (or can't predict) exactly what's going to happen throughout the film.

...so she dislikes most of the films mentioned in this thread.

Another one that I really enjoy is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Probably my favorite by Charlie Kaufmann.

Yes! I really liked Memento and LOVED Eternal Sunshine. Another one I really liked was The Machinist. I like movies that challenge me.

I walked out of Problem Child. But I think that was meant to be annoying [:)]

Anything with Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, Jean-Claude Van Damme or Steven Segal is annoying.

• Moderators

Vanilla Sky- w/ Tom Cruise........ too many flash backs, and jumps in time with no explanation to why.

They explained why eventually, but you did have to stay tuned! [;)]

I really liked Vanilla Sky...it could've been better, but I found it very watchable and it held my interest, especially up until the ending, which was just so-so. I liked Cameron Diaz's performance as the psycho-stalker... But the whole premise of the spoiled good looking guy who has everything endures a life altering experience....I liked that whole set up. And the songs were good too [:)]

But upon walking out of the theater when it was over and having my sister turn to me and say "ok, so what just happened?" ... I knew it wouldn't be for everyone!

Put me down as enjoying (and getting) Vanilla Sky, as well.

One oddball film that I tried to like, but ultimately failed, was Identity (John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet...). I just thought that there was no payoff for the attention I spent on the various characters, and it is definitely one that I am glad I rented instead of buying.