How/where can I get a replacement speaker/cord?

Bataar

I was rearraginging my computer and desk space today and somehow, the tip of the green speaker plug got bent and broke off. It's the plug that goes into the sound card. Is there a way to replace this cord or do I need to replace the entire speaker? Please let me know.

You're gonna need a new preamp. You can order the new CP-1 from the site store for $50, or you can call klipsch and see if they have any of the older preamps available, cheaper.

Of course, you could find another mini-jack cord, rip the jack off, and splice it into your current preamp cord.

Cut the wire from the preamp (near the end w/the busted jack) and tell me what it looks like. There should be 2 seperated wires. To splice into another jack, cut the wire near the end of the replacement jack, and connect one wire from the promedia wire to one from the replacement, and repeat for the second wire.

There might be a quality difference, it might void your warranty, etc etc. I recommend contacting klipsch about a replacement, or just getting a CP-1.

Just a little addition to Dman's reply. Now, I don't have a set of promedia's yet, but the way I understand it, the stereo jack that you plug into the soundcard broke off. If it is the plug that connects to the wire from the preamp, then you have two choices:

1) If you need more wire, splice it, but make sure that you maintain the same polarity with the jack.

2) Just buy a new jack from radio shack, figure out which wire goes to which part of the jack, and then cut the old jack off and replace it with the new one, maintaining the same polarity.

Polarity shouldn't be that big of an issue, because I doubt that the promedia's have an extensive crossover network with phase-shifting and what not, but reversing the polarity will result in a 180 degree phase-shift.

Anyway, hope this helps.

-snap-

quote:

Originally posted by Dman155:

You're gonna need a new preamp. You can order the new CP-1 from the site store for $50, or you can call klipsch and see if they have any of the older preamps available, cheaper.

Of course, you could find another mini-jack cord, rip the jack off, and splice it into your current preamp cord.

Ok, one more question, is the CP-1 the module that houses the various volume controls?

• Moderators

Yes, the CP-1 consists of the volume control pod that sits under the "master" speaker and the cables that run from it.

Since your warranty does not include accidents, you would be wise to go ahead and buy the CP-1--more features and better quality for just a few $ more.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665