How do we clean a rear projection TV's screen?

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I need to know how to clean the screen on our 65" rear projection TV. The instructions say to clean with a dry cloth. This is not sufficient for cleaning the screen. Does anyone have any ideas. By the way, dtel will be very upset if I ruin the screen, so please let me know if your suggestion is not "tried and true." Thanks

• Like 1

I use a rag called miraclemaid,all you need is water and it will clean

and leave no streaks ($10 per rag but it really works).This thing will

save a fortune in paper towels for cleaning glass or any hard

surface.Monster makes a poduct called monster clean screen also,but the

miraclemaid is the ultimate.Be sure to use a very soft cloth like

microfiber on screen if you don't have miracle maid.

I use an old diaper and plain water. We got the diapers as gifts when the kids were born, and never used them (what were they thinking). They are very soft and mostly lint free when damp. I pull the front off of the TV every couple of years and clean the mirror and lenses also.

• Moderators

Just got home from Auto Zone. I purchase the microfiber cleaning cloths, a pack of seven for $4.99, about the size of a face cloth each. I ran one under water, wrung the water out and used another one to dry with. I can not believe how clean the screen came with only water. Could not find Miracle Maid, so I am not sure what the deal with that is, but I can tell you the microfiber cloths are wonderful. We received this television 65" Toshiba as a gift in February of 05, from our daughter that just graduated from nursing school, see post under general questions "Never thought it would happen", and I have never cleaned the screen. I am embarrassed to say it hasn't been cleaned in almost ten months, but I was scared that I would ruin the screen and dtel would have a fit. One good thing the screen doesn't attract dust like most TV screens. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1