Gorgeous Forte I's on eBay!!!

ajcllc

They do look nice. Too bad they are all the way in PA. The seller says they have done no research, yet talks about serious cash, and has a reserve of some amount. I hope someone on the forum near there can get them at a good price.

"Everyone has a hobby."

My 1988 Forte's that I purchased brand new were wrapped in plastic and then placed in their styrofoam cocoon inside the carton.

They sure look somewhat used to me, they certainly don't look brand new. Very good shape for sure. He had them initially with an opening bid of $600 which is on the high side for sure for a pair of Forte's.

When I bought my Forte IIs new they too were wrapped in plastic then taped shut before being placed between the Styrofoam. Probably to prevent any water damage during shipping. I think those are up around JackonBart's neck of the woods. Go get em man!

Is it styrofoam or the expandable urethane foam? If urethane, its sprayed in as a liquid, and expands to fill the space exactly, the plastic would be to keep it from sticking to the speaker itself or getting in the grille or jack cup. If styro, there is loose bits and dust that they'd want to keep off the speaker. Plus humidity during shipping.

M

Oooh these are purrrrty! They match my WO Forte 1s... and.. and.... and I"m broke for the moment >.<

Hm.

So... using four of these as FL, FR, SR, SL, with a Heresy for a

center.. how'd the Heresy integrate? Fairly well, I"d imagine..

better than the SF2 - SC1 - SF2 array I got right now for LCR...

Must.... not... give... in.....*sigh* I want 'em [:)]

i second rplace in that my FII's were in plastic and taped shut and put in styrofoam side and side molds in the original box. I used the boxes and plastic for the second pair I picked up in Denver to drive home in. When stopped for speeding in the Texas panhandle the trooper asked me what was in the boxes, I told him, and explained why I was speeding for such a short time and got off with a warning. I just might frame that item.

I purchased a new pair of Forte I in '85 or so with guaranteed student loan money. Mahogony finish, odd 4 ohm networks. I figured they were for mental health purposes while in grad school at MIT. They came wrapped in plastic in styrofoam (not the blow in type).

They still sound great, even flanked by Belles and LaScalas. Fortes are good sound. Take off the plastic and turn on the sound!

That's hilarious yaffstone! I purchased my Forte II's new in 1989 with student loan money. I actually ordered Forte's but the II's came instead, because the factory had changed over to making them. Now even my student loans are paid off; I still maintain it was the best money i have ever spent.

I agree, say it ain't so! You are asking close to $100 less or so what they should go for. What if we each sent you $2 or $3? That should cover that much and you could keep'em.

"Your majesty, you are like a stream of bat's piss."