Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

Speedball

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was "this must have

been written in the decade of hallucinogenics"... the 60's. [;)] Once

you get past that... it does have charm and a quirky story line fits

Tim Burton like a glove. I am a little surprised by the films

popularity, as it isn't one of those films, which would appeal to

everyone.

BTW, I'm not sure if it's intentional, but Willy's skin colour goes from vibrant flesh to grey on several occasions.

ROb

• 1 month later...

"Good Morning starshine, Motherearth say 'hello'. "

I remember this movie from when I was a kid and figured it would be ok to bring my five year old to see it in the theater. He loved it. For Chistmas my fiance got the movie as a present. He too loves it.

Personally I think the movie was good and Depp was a great choice to play Willy Wonka. The humor was geared towards the more mature audience as was some of the new parts added to the movie. The kids loved it for the story of Charlie finding the golden ticket and getting to go to the factory and everything that comes with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the book./ Loved the original with Gene Wilder... All of the kids.... And the kid as Charley was incredible. We, as kids, believed in what we saw on the screen just as much as he did.... The power of faith and a dream!

Now to WIlly Wonka 2005? I HATED this version. Just Tim Burton wrecking it for me. One Oompa Loompa computer generated...?? FLUSH this movie down the crapper...

The "Truth in the pudding" for me, was my 4 1/2 yr old daughter... She said.. "Daddy, I didn;t like this movie at all." I said, "I didn't either." She giggled..and said, "Yes.. peeeee eeewwww it stunk!" We BOTH laughed!!!! hahahahaah

The trailer creeps me out even more than the original movie. I guess I'll just have to wait for Dep to do another impersonatoin of a drunken Errol Flynn in the next Pirates of the Carribean.

That's not a drunken Errol Flynn, it's a medicated Keith Richards!!!!

Depp has been quoted as saying he was "channelling" Keith Richards into his character. I will be glad to see his character coming back to the big screen, although, since I am purchasing a Plasma TV, I doubt I will go see it there!

D

The trailer creeps me out even more than the original movie. I guess I'll just have to wait for Dep to do another impersonatoin of a drunken Errol Flynn in the next Pirates of the Carribean.

That's not a drunken Errol Flynn, it's a medicated Keith Richards!!!!

Depp has been quoted as saying he was "channelling" Keith Richards into his character. I will be glad to see his character coming back to the big screen, although, since I am purchasing a Plasma TV, I doubt I will go see it there!

D

It's getting tougher and tougher to "settle" for the theater, isn't it?

Yeah, I know what you mean about theaters.

I almost walked out in the middle of The War of the Worlds because the theater had cranked down the voltage on the bulb and the picture was so murky it was almost unwatchable. After getting the DVD, I realized just how much, since huge blocks of the scenes are so burned out that there are no highlights, but in the theater they were gray. Add to the the usual gang of Druids with cell phones, and even a pair that seemed to be roasting a skunk carcass. Also, a somewhat rare beast these days, a guy who decided to light up.

I told the gum-popping manager of the Star Theater that I wouldn't be back. He said he didn't care.

We enjoyed the showing of the latest Harry Potter but at a different theater. We went back to the same theater for King Kong, and once again got to enjoy several renditions of moronic ring tones that fairly shout "I'm a moron" and the druids were there too. (Only eating some strange form of cheese this time, or perhaps French-fried goodyear tires.)

Sure makes it more desireable to sit down in front of the 53", which actually tends to have a better sound and picture these days than the theater, and the only Druids in the place are us.

I am feeling a little "A Clockwork Orange"

here... And nothing a little nasty wouldn't solve at home

too. Try that in a public theater with the druids...LOL

I have to admit that after a night in a public theatre, i come away

feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it having been an evening

of some small energy expenditure...

It Roger's case, it would be a good thing.... [;)]

hahahaahah Just a small expenditure...??

I loved "A Clockwork Orange" seriously a very sick movie but it gripped me in HS when I forst saw it.. a few times in college then many years later.

I also have almost three different feelings of how I viewed it too. based on my own age and experience. The acting was great, sometimes made you sick too... And the turn on the charachters... Oh My!!!! Just one of those movies that rips your guts out.. from many strange angles...

Fashed?? That's a new one for me.. Or did you mean FLASHED??? hahahahaha