Wanted; beater Heritage networks

DizRotus

EDIT 2-11-06

I would like to obtain a pair (or more) of type AA networks (or any other Klipsch Heritage networks). Dirt, age and poor condition are not deterrents; cost would be. If anyone has some that are ready for the trash, please send a PM or email.

Ok, I confess, I'm primarily interested in the auto-transformers, but Ill take as much as I can scrounge.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I want to DIY a set of ALK Universals to try in the La Scalas I restored for my sons high school band room (see attached photo and search Four abused lascalas ). I would like to construct the upgrades without disturbing the refreshed Type AAs that are currently in service.

I truly want only what other forum members are ready to discard. While I dont begrudge the high school my time, I want to keep the financial outlay to a minimum. If anyone has T2A auto-transformers alone (or as part of networks in various states of decay) that you are ready to trash, please contact me and Ill send you information so that shipping would be at my expense.

This summer (while school is out and the La Scalas fall silent) I plan to also try the bass-reflex mod. If the band director is not fond of either or both modifications, Ill make what he rejects available to members of the forum.

post-8936-13819278480914_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

JC-

I'll watch those eBay sales and put in a sniped bid at a low price. Might get lucky.

Steve-

Those are listed by Bob Crites/BEC, an excellent source of new parts. I'm trying to avoid the expense of new autformers. Undoubtedly many of these have found their way into landfills, I'm just trying to save a few from that fate.

Tom-

The sonics are important enough that I want to see if there is an improvement over stock AA networks with new caps from BEC. I'd like the networks to be useable in applications other than the school's La Scalas, i.e., autoformers are a given over fixed resistors.

The whole project is very low priority. With patience, autoformers on the cheap will materialize.

• 4 weeks later...

Neil,

I have a pair of Cornwall B3 type networks (1984 vintage) that have been replaced by DeanG's works of art. You're welcome to them if they have the autoformers you need. PM me or e-mail me and let me know if you want them and where they can be shipped.

Jim