• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Bruce and Josh,

It often seems to me that life is composed primarily of two parts: joy

and grief. You have had the joy and now must suffer the

grief. But as Spring follows Winter, the grief will lessen but

the joy will remain. My thoughts are with you.

Bruce,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'm saddened by your news. You seem to be buoyed by the love of your family. At times like these we should remember to let those we love know how much they mean to us at every opportunity; you appear to have done just that.

I just learned that my uncle passed on Christmas morning after a long and fulfilling life. We shared interests in audio and music. He built Speakerlab 7s years ago (he was a retired Boeing engineer in
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Seattle) with which he enjoyed listening to Keith Jarrett and the like.

Warmest regards,

Sad news. Hope everything turns out ok for you and your family. I

remember when my grand father was on his death bed several years ago. I

held his hand and whispered to him, that if he sees my grand mother

(who passed away earlier) calling after him, go with her. You just hate

to see your love ones suffer. And yes, endings are always beginnings of

beautiful things.

Bruce and Josh, I'm saddened by the news of Barbara's passing

after her courageous battle. Here's wishing, hoping and praying

that you and those in your family find the courage and grace to carry

on through these sad times. Hold what is dear to your heart and

never let it go. I'm really sorry. God Bless You

All. Hamish

• Moderators

Bruce and Josh,

When my father in law died my mother in law prayed and prayed and prayed for a sign that he was with God and no longer in pain. She called me one day and said "I got a refund check from the chiropractor that was treating Paw-Paw, and it had a really nice letter with it." The letter read, "...your husband is no longer in pain and has gone to be with the Great Physician Himself".

Dtel's dad died 7/26/1996, our first granchild, a boy was born 7/26/2000.

We bought six acres and built a house just after his death, I inscribed "All for you Paw-Paw(that's what we called dtels dad) in the cement (the garage portion) with the date the slab was poured for the house 8/18/1998. We enclosed the garage to make another bedroom and multi- use laundry/craft/classroom, completed construction about June 2005. August 31,2005 Hurricane Katrina devasted my husband's family home of thirty years. His mother and sister now reside in the bedroom that "All for you Paw-Paw" was inscribed into the cement. The inscription ended up in thier closet!!!

Dtel's dad was a man of few words, but we always know he loves us and watches over all we do.

Just as others have said Barbara will be with you always, sometimes when you least expect it.

A guy could not have asked for a better mother.

She did such a good job of mirroring gods love for us by loving us kids even when we would misbehave.

A week and a half ago I walked into the room with her and she was crying.

She turned and told me she was sorry for how hard it was going to be for the rest of us.

I am going to miss her so much.

thank you everyone for the words of encouragement.

//josh

Josh, I never knew that you and Marvel were/are father and son. In my original post, I only addressed your father, I'm sorry about that.

Again my condolances.

Bruce and Josh;

When I saw this thread, my heart broke and I truly felt a loss inside.

May God grant you the courage and stamina to get through these

coming months.

When my own grandparents passed with cancer there was both sorrow and

relief, sorrow for the loss but relief for the end of the struggle. I

am sure these same feelings are present with your family.

Barbra's battle is over and though I never met her, I am sure she

would want you to take joy in her promotion to heaven, though

there is the

bitterness of her physical loss

May the Lord keep thee and bless thee.

Wayne

Bruce -

I just read the sad news you shared with us on December 28. I only know of you and Barbara from your previous posts on this site. I knew of the struggles you and Barbara were dealing with, but had hoped that things might have turned out differently. I have enjoyed your knowledgeable posts and your willingness to help others. I am especially impressed by the positive attitude that you demonstrated and in what you said and did throughout what can best be described as a heart wrenching experience. Please try to find time to enjoy the things that are fun and interesting for you. Don't let this tragedy drag you down. Barbara would not have wanted that, and in fact said that she felt the worst about how this would affect you and the rest of the family - she must have been a saint - I hope that she is now in a better place among other saints. If there is anything we can do to help, all you have to do is ask. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bruce and Josh,

Just want to wish you both a very happy and prosperous New Year, even though it may seem rather bleak at this moment. But just imagine there is now this beautiful woman (a wife and a mother) up in the Great Beyond who also wishes the very best for the two of you during these trying times, to remain strong and to carry on, and that her love for you will always last forever!