OT - ya gotta love joe joe walsh

Myhamish

Just been watching the Eagles Farewell 1 DVD downstairs for the first

time (Christmas present from my nephew and niece) and really enjoying

it. I still get a kick out of Joe Walsh.

I remember him live with the James Gang at Winter Pop at Maple

Leaf Gardens on New Year's Eve 1970 (with Sha Na Na, Rare Earth, Johnny

Winter and Rick Derringer). Anyway, back down for disc 2.

Whatta guy! Hamish

I saw Walsh in concert around '73 or '74 on the "The Smoker You Drink etc." tour. He was playing at Martin's West, Baltimore, Md. which was basically a fancy wedding reception/banquet hall. I believe it was their first and last hosting of a rock concert. It was a great concert. The Climax Blues Band was the warm-up. Although Walsh & Barnstorm were very good, CBB really left an impression on me. I had never heard them before, but started collecting their albums after that concert. I my opinion their guitarist (Peter Haycock I believe) was the better axeman that night. I saw Walsh in concert several times after that and CBB also. Once I saw Walsh in a small club in Newark, DE. In addition to Joe Vitale on drums, he also had some kid by the name of Zak Starkey playing drums.

No it's not off topic,..Joe Walsh rocks!!

For years I tried to put my finger on what makes an outstanding musician, I mean with the different styles it seemed so hard to judge. Then it came to me. I've seen so many really top notch musicians with no name bands and wondered why they never made it to the big time. (I mean the REALLY big time)

There are some gutar players who are so UNIQUE that whenever you hear them you know there is only one person who could be playing, because NO ONE else can make a gutar sound like that. Quite a few come to mind, but as an example Eddie VanHalen doesn't do THAT much for me but when you hear that guy you know right away that it's GOT to be him, because there just isn't anyone else who can make a gutar sound like that.

So there are several gutar players who really do it for me, and Joe Walsh is one of them. Sometimes I still put on "In The City" loud enough for the walls of the house to shake just to hear what that guy can make a gutar do.

I just got through listening to George Harrison on "All Things Must Pass" and because of who he played with might not have recieved the attention he deserved. Listen to him on "Isn't It a Pity." Such clean gutar! Love his music,...

Regards,

• Moderators

Sometimes I still put on "In The City" loud enough for the walls of the house to shake just to hear what that guy can make a gutar do.

We have forgotten what the walls shaking sounds like, dtel won't turn it up because his 72 year old mom lives here since Katrina. She insists he can "crank it up", but I can't convince him to do it.

Hey, Funk #49, is 1 of my all time favorites, from the James Gang. He's comically talented also, filling in for some Chicago radio DJ(I forget who, might've been Jonathon Brandmeyer) on occasion, a few years back. He's also done sit-com, guest appearing on the Drew Cary show in a handfull of episodes, when he auditions for the guitar player in Drew's band, and gets the nod. One of the funniest scenes, is when he meets "Mimi" for the 1st time.... I mean uncontrolable, hysterical, 2 minutes non-stop ROTFALMAO w/tears..... but then I may be easily amused. [;)]

I dragged my wife to see him in '87 when she was pregnant with our daughter. The place was practically empty so we moved up to the 10th row. He was soooo loud we had to move back. During the show he talked about running for president and laid out his platform. "Free toilet paper for everyone! All women must show their t_ts!".........and other equally idiotic stuff. It bordered on stupidity but kind of funny non-the-less.

Unfortunately, he didn't play Turn To Stone (my favorite JW song) which would have made my night. Good show anyway.

post-11821-13819278665652_thumb.jpg

Hey, Funk #49, is 1 of my all time favorites, from the James Gang. He's comically talented also, filling in for some Chicago radio DJ(I forget who, might've been Jonathon Brandmeyer) on occasion, a few years back. He's also done sit-com, guest appearing on the Drew Cary show in a handfull of episodes, when he auditions for the guitar player in Drew's band, and gets the nod. One of the funniest scenes, is when he meets "Mimi" for the 1st time.... I mean uncontrolable, hysterical, 2 minutes non-stop ROTFALMAO w/tears..... but then I may be easily amused. [;)]

Joe Walsh is friends with Chicago DJ - Steve Dahl on 105.9 and from time to time still appears as a guest. I've always appreciated Joe's music AND Sense of humour - saw the James gang WAYYY back in the80's.Another one to add to my list of CDs to buy. In the days when MTV actually played music videos - his were always funny.