Help...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

We are finally getting around to cleaning my sister-in-law's CD's and DVD's that were in the flood waters from Hurricane Katrina. Some of them have paper stuck to them and some of them may possible have some oil. Her home was in the "Oil Spill" area of St. Bernard Parish. We have approximately 100-150 that need to be cleaned. Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning these items? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would try to wet the stuck paper and see if it can be removed after a good soak, however I don't know what continued immersion in water will do to the exposed edge of the disk.

Oil can be removed with a little bit of dish soap and water, with a soft cloth. ( like the micro-fiber cloth you used to clean the television screen with )

Hope this helps, maybe try searching for more info on the net.

Soak in water with a bit of dawn....to break up the nasty oil spill....

Then rinse well...inspect....

invest in some Eyeglass cleaner spray and eyeglass cleaner towels...(microfiber works well too.)

The use eyeglass cleaner and towel for final step...

Take your time...always wipe from center out to edge along radii...

good luck

Document what you do for the Lawsuit against Murphy oil .... As I beleive that is on going...

Also you may get some compensation from insurance company on it as well....depending on the flood water coverage issue...