Eagles - Farewell Tour 1 Live from Melbourne

Steve_L

I really hope there is a Tour 2, because these guys just keep getting better.

Call me old fashion, or corny, but I LOVE the Eagles. I did back in '71 in their original configuration and I do today in their most recent configuration. Evidetnly there is still some "drama" in the band as they "fired" guitarist and writer Don Felder and have brought on this new 2nd guitarist Stueart Smith. This new guitarist is excellent, and adds to the group, not that Felder wasn't good.

Comparisons to Hell Freezes Over are natural, and in my opinion it is worth it to obtain this DVD, even if you also have HFO. Even though a lot of the material is the same, there is a different ambiance and feeling to this performance that makes owning both of them easily justified. But, that's just me.

The group really plays to this really large audience, almost stadium size concert hall. There are a couple of excellent back-up musicians and a small brass section that also includes a fiddle player when/where required. The whole thing just works. Great and tasteful piano, organ and brass at just the right points. Great use of surround sound and the DTS (there isn't a DD5.1) track is just excellent. Another demo candidate for your pride and joy HT buffs.

Lot's of good material on this DVD too. Some nice songs. I love the way Joe Walsh introduces his new song One Day at a Time. He's a great guitarist, a great performer and has learned how to not take himself too seriously, you got to love that in a megastar. There is also a nice tribute to Sept 11th with Whole in the World Tonight.

The video is eye candy as well.

So this is a must own, in my opinion, but of course I'm just an old hippie from north central Republic of Massachusetts, and that's barely associated with the USA these days.

B00092ZMDY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I agree on your comments. The performances are just different enough from Hell Freezes Over to make it a worthwhile disc to get.

The horn solo at the beginning of Hotel California - turn it up! Something about listening to horns on horns, you know!

My favorite track is Walk Away, second song from the end of disc one. Joe Walsh is an unbelievable guitarist and performer.

I hope to see them if/when there is a Farewell II tour. I haven't seen them perform live yet. YET!

• Moderators

I agree on your comments. The performances are just different enough from Hell Freezes Over to make it a worthwhile disc to get.

I hope to see them if/when there is a Farewell II tour. I haven't seen them perform live yet. YET!

I agree totally. We own both videos and continue to view both of them on a regular basis.

Don Henley hinted around about a Farewell II tour.

We saw them live "Hell Freezes Over". They are great performers.

My favorite song on Farewell I is "All She Wants to do is Dance". During that song, Glenn Frey has a difficult time deciding if he wants to play music or dance. It's very obvious these guys are really enjoying themselves.

Dittos Steve. My copy has a DTS track which has more bite than the Dolby EX. These guys were always very versatile. I saw the

them live at the old Capital Center,outside of D.C., back in the mid 70's. Besides a very sharp Eagles this concert has a great

group of support musicians. I've owned my copy for six months and enjoy it often.