Impedance plots for K-55-V and K-77-M?

whtboy

Does the impedance on a midrange driver not vary as much as on a woofer normally? Or perhaps it doesn't get really ugly until you reach frequencies below where the mid would normally operate anyway? I was expecting it to be all over the place.

Thanks Bob!!!

-jacob

I can't get these Excel charts to work to save my life. I'm guessing there isn't a way to get it to interpret the X-axis on a logarithmic scale.

I put the numbers into a worksheet and made a chart of the values below 2kHz if anyone is interested.

Are there any free tools out there that can generate plots with a logarithmic X-axis?

-jacob

post-20447-13819279004848_thumb.gif

I always find Excel charts a bit of a challenge.

If you right click on the x axis you bring up a format x axis dialog box. Then you find an option for log scale.

My guess is that the impedance plot is for a horn attached.

The leftmost peak is the diaphragm resonance. This is just like a sealed box woofer where the diaphrage resonance causes an impedance peak. This is like a mini woofer.

The one farther right and then the next smaller one even farther right are impedance peaks caused by the horn itself. You see the peaks in the plots of acoustic throat impedance .of horn by Harry Olson.

Gil

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. This is looking much better now.

Yes, according to the pdf Bob wrote up it appears the driver was loaded in a K400 horn for the test.

Is it common for drivers to have really uneven impedance plots like this?

-jacob

EDIT: man, microsoft sure makes some great office applications. too bad they don't stick to what they know and just leave operating system design to the cs engineers =)

post-20447-13819279015872_thumb.gif