Long time no hear, eh?

Mike Lindsey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mike

as far as the road racing goes if you up for some long distance road racing, i'd be glad to host you and your vette at the next scca event at mid-america motor plex

just south of omaha

im the lead instructor for the hi-po club

i also like it LOUD AND OFTEN!!!

jay

Yeah, I've never done any of the long distance events. I like to run about 30 minutes at a time... that's about when me and the car are ready for a break. I'm turning low 2:30 laps at sebring and that was when it was just a head/cam car. Since the stroker motor it has never been right, and is going under the knife again this week. Gonna have it pulled for the 3rd time as it's consuming over a quart of oil every 30 minute session. Blowing it right out the tail pipes.

Some basic info on my car:

1992 Bright Aqua Coupe, 6-spd, Z07

385 (Callies/Oliver/JE), CNC heads, CC 224/230 Cam

McLeod Street Twin, Hurst shifter, 3.73 gears, ATI Balancer

Be-Cool, Canton pan and accusump, Mocal oil cooler

TPIS LT, B&B 3" exhaust w/Dr Gas x-pipe

Wilwood 6-pot GN III/4-pot Superlites, Tahoe MC, PFC 01/93 pads, custom ducts

Poly bushings, revalved shocks, custom FX3 prom and chip, Camber Brace, lowered

BPP Vortex, Big Mouth Air Dam, Harlan shift light, Racetronix fuel kit, FMS 30# injectors, chip by Jim Smith

415 rwhp/417 rwtq

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mike

thanks, mike

i run skicks at all 4's at the track.

on the street i use the gsc's in th front because they dont toss as much gravel into my eyes!!

and yes i do

weight ballance is +/- 11 pounds per

the only car that has bested me at the track is the trans am corvette driven by randy rhuleman(sp?)

he was scott pruitt's team mate with derhig racing

they test at our track

jay

MIKE,

what a coincidence. I too just reappeared after 5 years.

you sure it's only been 3 for you? you know, as you get older, time goes faster because each year becomes a smaller % of your total age - yeah, I went to a Land Grant college w/ a bunch of engineers. [:D]

great to see you again. how's that cloth for the Heresys holding out?

Doug and Boa, nice to hear from you boys again. I hope things are going well with you. Doug, you shuld give Rob a shout and meet up with him. A real nice fellow. I wonder if he still likes/listens to the Chorus II's I sold him. They were immaculate, and he was pleased at the time of the sale.

Mike

Nice to see you Craig. I'm still running your Scott 299 and it still sounds great! If I'm not mistaken I think mine was the 1st or 2nd you modified. The other great thing about it was you did it for free (minus parts). I can never thank you enough for that. I am thinking on sending it back to you though because it still has a couple of those large caps in it, and I want to put the cover I bought for it on. We can talk more about that.

Yea I remember it well those were the good old days when this stuff was purely for fun. I did a few for parts cost just for the fun of it. Next thing I knew I was overwhelmed with request! The good thing is the industry has blossomed and now replacement parts for things like your tall cans are easy and fairly inexpensive to source.

Craig

Yeah, I have 2 of them that extend above the front faceplate, the other 3 are fine. Is this something I can do? What's the difficulty factor if I were to tackle it myself?

I'm listening to Jeff Beck's Blow By Blow with it right now, and it just sounds incredible with the Dual CS-5000 and the La Scala's! :)

Mike