Worst movie of 2005

Amy

• Moderators

I think I just saw my vote over the weekend....did anyone catch The House of D? What a wretched, awful film that was.

Robin Williams was beyond horrible (and I usually like him) in a role that fluctuated between being mentally disabled to a near philosophical genius...The story was absolutely lame, disconnected, and doused with false sentiment. I cared not one little bit for any of these characters.

David Duchovney needs to go back to X Files.

Avoid at all costs.

I think I just saw my vote over the weekend....did anyone catch The House of D? What a wretched, awful film that was.

Robin Williams was beyond horrible (and I usually like him) in a role that fluctuated between being mentally disabled to a near philosophical genius...The story was absolutely lame, disconnected, and doused with false sentiment. I cared not one little bit for any of these characters.

David Duchovney needs to go back to X Files.

Avoid at all costs.

I seen it and liked it. I wouldn't even think this would be close to the worst film. My vote would probally go to Son of Mask so far. Just because it looks so bad I won't even watch it.

i may get flamed for this, but i think the worst movie of 05 is The Aviator. Maybe it was because i saw it on a cruise ship and their speakers weren't really good, and the fact that the showing started at 1am...but 3 hours....i didnt get anything from it...

...also, i didnt really really like Serenity as well...

*puts on firefighter suit*

i may get flamed for this, but i think the worst movie of 05 is The Aviator. Maybe it was because i saw it on a cruise ship and their speakers weren't really good, and the fact that the showing started at 1am...but 3 hours....i didnt get anything from it...

Not quite 2005 as toddvj said. As usual it was released right on the end of 2004 (Dec 17th). Aviator

put me to sleep during parts of the movie, it finally came alive at the

end especially with the trial, and the flight of his big plane.

Serenity some people liked others didn't. Personally I liked it, but then again I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series!

Son of the Mask is definitely a candidate, a Mask sequel without Carey? .... thats like a King Kong 2 without Kong :|

Herbie : Fully Loaded.... loaded full of crap

Duece Bigolow : European Gigolo ... I hate Rob Schneider.. the only time he was good was when he was ridiculed on South Park

Not having seen that many I still have to vote for King Kong. Neo is right, It is 3 hours of a large vacuum equalizing it's pressure. It took them 45 minutes to get to the island! Then it was just King Kong staring at the female lead and then her staring back. The same movie could have been made in an hour thirty. If you can't make your point in an hour more or less give it up.

Walk theLine and Ray were both good.

Not quite 2005 as toddvj said. As usual it was released right on the end of 2004 (Dec 17th).  Aviator

put me to sleep during parts of the movie, it finally came alive at the

end especially with the trial, and the flight of his big plane.

Serenity some people liked others didn't.  Personally I liked it, but then again I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series!

i stand corrected about the Aviator, I enjoyed Buffy the Vampie Slayer as well, never really understood all the hype about Firefly though (which may be why i didn't enjoy Serenity)

Another movie that also comes to mind was The Longest Yard, it just didnt live up to Adam Sandler expectations imo...