Those with a rc 7

PiperG

How do you think this speaker will go with RF 35's? I can't drop 1000 each on the rf 7's, so my rf35's will have to do. I have a fairly large room with cathedral ceilings, so my rc 35 isn't cuttting it.

Also how is everyone powering the rc 7? Will my denon 3805 give it enough juice? thanks for any insight!

How do you think this speaker will go with RF 35's? I can't drop 1000 each on the rf 7's, so my rf35's will have to do. I have a fairly large room with cathedral ceilings, so my rc 35 isn't cuttting it.

Also how is everyone powering the rc 7? Will my denon 3805 give it enough juice? thanks for any insight!

I'm running one with RB 35s as mains and RS 7s for surrounds off of a Pioneer VSX 1015 receiver and it's great. Your Denon is way more receiver so I'll think you'll be happy. Don't worry about outclassing your mains with the 7, it's light years ahead of a RC 35.

• 2 years later...

There are 2 trains of thought here.

Im a HUGE advocate of the RC 7. Its an amazing centre channel ( Klipsch if your listening PLEASE bring it back )

I sell a lot of the RF 35's which are a solid performer. I would still be selling TONS of the RF5's if they were available. Usually id reccomend the Rc 35 with them not the RC 7 though.

They use a different horn and I personally find the 35 a better match ( which makes sense seeing as it was originally designed to be a perfect timber match for the other R_ 35 's )

The aesthetics match better ( when the wood veneer is placed next to the vinyl of the RF 35's it sort of diminishes the look to me imho)

IF you are planning on eventually getting the RF 7's OR the RF 5's ( which are my all time faves ) then the RC 7 is a future proof option.

If I remember correctly the RC 35 has a 1.25" tractrix horn the RC 7 has the 1.75" which matches the RF 5's.

Hope I didnt confuse the issue to much.

One interesting thing to note, the RC 7 seems to have a clearer dialog ( I find the RC 25 and 35 series sound a bit "nasal" under certain conditions like hell freezes over once again imho )

I'm looking for a black RC 7 if anyone hears of one ...please let me know

This may sound like over kill but I've been over whelmed with the sound, tonality, depth and detail these RF 5's can convey,

Hi there

I've heard about this upgrade in some other posts. Can you tell me what it does? And how much it is?

Is there a link I can track him down with? I'm so smitten with the RF 5's I have a tough time imagining they can get any better BUT im open to ideas.

Thanks for the Tip

Greg

PiperG: My wife and I have a 7-series Klipsch Reference system in our tiny theater: 2 RF-7s, RC-7, 2 RS-7s, 2 RCW-5s (in-wall) and an RSW15. The entire system (except for the sub of course) is powered by my Pioneer Elite Flagship VSX-49TXi receiver that is rated at 130 WPC/8 Ohms. This combination works extremely well and those who know me know that I play movies at concert level and distortion or break-up is never an issue. I believe your 110 wpc-rated Denon 3805 should do an acceptable job of powering the RC-7, but because you have a large room as you described, you may wish to eventually consider upgrading to a larger amplifier. I agree with RF5HVN; the RC-7 is an exceptional choice for a center channel speaker. It's too bad it's been discontinued by Klipsch. Best of luck! -Glenn

I just recently upgraded to the RC-7 from an RC-3, I have a pair of RF-5s in the front and 4 RS-3's for the rear. I couldn't be happier with my new RC-7 the sound is much better, clearer vocals and better bass and it is the perfect match with my RF-5's. Plus I really like having the real wood also, that alone was an excellent upgrade, now all 3 front speakers look and sound beautiful.